- Mobile carriers join forces in national distracted driving awareness campaign
With the dangers of texting behind the wheel becoming a regular mantra of the traffic safety community, it would seem to be logical to assume that continued operation of mobile devices would be a priority for law enforcement officers and accident attorneys
- Small-to-midsize SUVs fail "small overlap" crash test, according to research group
Sporting Utility Vehicles may be the preferred choice for many Americans, but a recent survey of small-to-midsize versions by a leading insurance research group has revealed safety issues when involved in front-end crashes
- High winds contribute to death on Montana interstate
Local law enforcement officers in Sunburst, Montana, have attributed a multi-vehicle crash to high winds blowing an alkaline substance onto Interstate 15
- Rookie driver fatally injured in probable texting accident
Accident attorneys and police officers in Harrisonville, Missouri, believe that a 16-year-old girl on her first solo drive may have been texting before being involved in a fatal accident on May 16
- Driver crashes into parade, officials believe medical condition to blame
Town officials and local law enforcement officers in Damascus, Virginia, believe that the driver of a car that crashed into hikers taking part in an annual parade may have suffered a medical condition at the time of the accident
- Toddler injured in hit-and-run incident in Fort Lauderdale
Police officers in Fort Lauderdale are investigating a hit-and-run crash that sent a toddler to hospital after he ran into the road from an apartment parking complex
- U.S. DOT focuses on youth driver safety as part of global program
The U.S. Department of Transportation has announced that it will be throwing its support behind a global safety initiative aimed at encouraging young and inexperienced drivers to make smarter decisions while behind the wheel
- Mother seeks to establish chain of events in daughter's interstate death
The mother of a 17-year-old girl killed in an impaired driving accident in 2012 is bringing a lawsuit against the Palm Coast convenience store that she claims sold alcohol to her daughter and her friends
- Federal data may be misleading, claims traffic safety advocacy group
The number of fatal incidents caused by distracted driving may be higher than previously thoughts, with a recent study of federal and state data revealing that a significant percentage of crashes remain unreported
- Distracted driver involved in second crash in less than seven months
Police officers in Jamestown, California, have confirmed that a female motorist who fatally injured a jogger in 2012 when she was adjusting her stereo has been involved in another distracted driving crash
- Adapting to civilian driving is a struggle for military veterans, says report
Military veterans returning from overseas assignments are more likely to be involved in a fatal vehicle accident than civilians, according to an article published in The Washington Post
- Fatal crash in Ohio claims lives of both drivers
Police officers and accident attorneys in Helena, Ohio, are investigating a two-vehicle accident that fatally injured both drivers
- Limousine fire claims five lives in California
Police officers and accident lawyers in the San Francisco region are investigating the cause of a fatal limousine fire that killed five members of a bachelorette party on May 4
- Senior drivers are not risky and dangerous, survey says
Elderly drivers may be considered by some to be a risk on the roads, but a recent report has revealed that the majority of them practice safe driving habits and are more than willing to take part in driver improvement programs
- NHTSA issues voluntary guidelines for in-car technology
With distracted driving now being cited as the cause of over 10 percent of all fatalities on American highways, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released a series of voluntary guidelines intended to encourage the automobile industry to change in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Distracted driving blamed in death of teenage passenger
Police officers in St. Petersburg, Florida, investigating a fatal crash in which a teenage passenger was impaled on a metal guardrail have confirmed that the driver was distracted just before the accident happened
- Motorcyclist killed in California, report indicates that fatalities are on the rise
Police officers and accident lawyers in Napa County, California, are investigating a fatal accident in which a motorcycle rider was killed by an alleged drunk driver on April 22
- Distracted driving among teens considered to be socially unacceptable, says report
As distracted driving continues to cause a headache for local law enforcement officers and accident attorneys, a recently released report has shown that it may also be considered socially unacceptable among teen and rookie drivers
- Fatigue and phone zombies targeted in distracted driving studies
The designation of April as National Distracted Driving Awareness Month has seen a number of state and federal agencies turn their attention to cell phone use and texting behind the wheel, but researchers at Virginia Tech believe that fatigue may have a large part to play
- Family of driver killed by distracted driving release photo of last text
The family of a driver killed in a distracted driving accident are hoping that a publicly-released photo of the text he was sending when he crashed will serve as a wake-up call to others who engage in the habit
- Five die after Mercedes driver runs red light in South Florida
Local law enforcement officers investigating a fatal crash that killed five people in Riviera Beach, Florida, believe that speed may have been the prime factor
- Airbag concerns prompt global recall of Japanese vehicles
With driver and passenger safety a prime consideration in the automobile industry, the news that four Japanese companies have been forced to recall millions of vehicles due to concerns over faulty airbags may cause concern for motorists
- Work-related calls too important to ignore, study reveals
With April being designated as Distracted Driving Awareness month by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), recently released research has shown that over 30 percent of drivers feel that a work-related call is too important to ignore
- Jurors hear testimonies of fatal 2007 tanker crash
The victims of a 2007 crash involving a tanker truck and several other cars have started giving their testimonies in a Connecticut court, who allege the fatal accident could have been avoided if the driver and truck company had taken more precaution.
- Distraction killed driver on congested interstate, police officers confirm
Police officers and accident lawyers investigating a fatal crash at Asheville, North Carolina, have determined that the driver who caused the accident was using her cell phone just seconds before
- Speed a potential factor in fatal Maryland crash
Police officers in Chester, Maryland, are investigating a two-car crash that left four teenagers fatally injured, with speed initially considered to be a factor
- Weather-related crashes come under traffic spotlight
Multi-car pileups in adverse weather conditions may get the headlines, but it is the seemingly mundane accidents that are causing concern among traffic officials
- Daydreaming drivers blamed for distracted driving crashes
Accidents attributed to distracted driving are generally thought to have been caused by some kind of mobile device or the consumption of food, but a recent survey has shown that 62 percent of fatal crashes involve daydreams as opposed to texting
- Two children killed by train after driver enters closed railroad crossing
Local law enforcement officers in Batavia, Iowa, are investigating a fatal accident at a railroad crossing that cost two young children their lives
- Multi-car pile up in Virginia blamed on fog and speed
Police officers in Virginia are investigating the cause of a multi-car pileup on March 31 that fatally injured three people and sent 25 more to hospital
- Mobile service provider believes texting can wait
With April being designated National Distracted Driving Awareness Month, companies are being asked to make sure that employees are aware that sending work-related texts while driving can wait
- Australian study reveals positive effects of caffeine on long-haul truck driving
Long-haul lorry or truck drivers who drink coffee are less likely to be involved in in an accident, a recently released study reveals
- Driver crashes car into Wal-Mart before attacking customers
Police officers in San Jose, California, are investigating a bizarre series of incidents in the parking lot of a regional Wal-Mart that ended up with a driver crashing his car though the wall of the store
- Australian study finds kids 12 times more distracting than cell phones
Distracted driving continues to be a growing problem in states across the country, but while the focus has been on mobile devices and texting, an Australian study has found that children are 12 times more distracting than talking on a cell phone
- Hamburger blamed for distracted driving crash
An Oregon driver who drove his car onto a set of railroad tracks after becoming distracted by the hamburger he was eating is lucky to be alive
- Nine-year-old girl hikes through Mojave Desert after fatal crash
Police officers in California are investigating a single-vehicle accident that fatally injured the father of a nine-year-old girl, after the child climbed out of a remote canyon to get help
- DUI driver causes fatal crash at 120 mph
A drunk driver who was traveling at over one hundred miles an hour when he caused a fatal accident has been charged with a number of misdemeanors, according to the Post Tribune
- Two dead after charter bus crash in Pennsylvania
Police officers in Pennsylvania are investigating a fatal bus crash that fatally injured two people, including the pregnant coach of a university sports team
- Insurance scam targets big rigs in Nevada
Big rig drivers in Nevada have been warned that certain parts of the state are being targeted by people looking to cause deliberate accidents as part of an insurance scam
- Unrestrained pets can be a distraction to drivers
Dog owners may find that their canine companion is an unpredictable element when it comes to driving, with a recent survey showing that the majority of people fail to restrain their animal while they are operating a vehicle
- Police officer faces charges after fatal DUI crash
A Chicago police officer who has been accused of fatally injuring two men in a drunk driving accident has been told that he must wear an electronic alcohol monitor while the case is investigated
- Dropped cigarette causes truck to crash in Illinois
Police officers and accident lawyers in Iroquois County, Illinois, have confirmed that a dropped cigarette was responsible for a crash involving two commercial semi-trailer trucks on March 11
- U.S. drivers more distracted than European counterparts, study shows
Using mobile devices while behind the wheel is more prevalent in the U.S. than in Europe, after a recent study showed that 69 percent of Americans admitted to being habitually distracted while driving
- American drivers continue to engage in habits that they consider unacceptable in others, say AAA
Eight out of ten people think believe that distracted driving is far worse than it was three years ago, despite a significant number of drivers admitting that they are guilty of the habit, a recently released safety report says
- Six teenagers die after unlicensed driver crashes
Police officers in Warren, Ohio, are continuing to investigate a single-vehicle accident on March 10 that fatally injured six local teenagers
- Repeat DUI driver who killed pedestrian deserves maximum punishment, says victims' family
The family of a pedestrian killed by a drunk driver in Illinois has called for all alcohol-related convictions to be "three strikes and out."
- Six die in alleged distracted driving accident
State police officers in Kentucky are investigating whether distracted driving played a part in the deaths of six people after an SUV was hit by a tractor-trailer on a highway near Elizabethtown
- Fatal crash in Brooklyn claims three lives
Police officers in New York City are investigating a two-car accident that fatally injured a mother-to-be and her husband on March 2
- Teen driver fatalities increase in first half of 2012, report shows
Fatal injuries among teen drivers increased in the first six months of 2012, fueling speculation that distracted driving habits coupled with a lack of real-time experience may be playing a part, according to a recently released report
- Fatal crash in Texas attributed to street racing
Police officers and accident attorneys investigating a fatal crash that claimed the lives of two high-school students in Texas have confirmed that racing was a factor in the accident
- Arizona officials respond to two deadly crashes
Authorities in Arizona have been busy over the last two days responding to reports of deadly crashes between cars, motorcycles and tractor trailers.
- Texas legislature to consider statewide texting ban while driving
Legislators in Texas are to consider a statewide ban on texting while driving, as the Lone Star State responds to concerns about the dangers of the habit
- Michigan man sentenced to 15 years in prison after fatal drunk driving accident
A man from Flint, Michigan, was recently found guilty of causing the deaths of several motorists and passengers due to driving while under the effects of drugs and alcohol.
- Philadelphia bus firm sued by family of injured student
Accident attorneys investigating a bus crash in Boston on February 2, have confirmed that the family of a 16-year-old boy critically injured in the accident has filed a lawsuit against the owners of the vehicle and the driver
- Premature airbag inflation causes concern for car manufacturers
Concerns over the potential deployment of car air bags has prompted two leading manufacturers to recall over one million vehicles, with research showing that incorrectly installed devices can be subject to premature inflation
- Four killed in pile-up on Georgia interstate
Police officers and accident lawyers in Georgia are investigating a multi-car pile-up that fatally injured four people and sent a number of others to hospital.
- Investigators focus on brakes in fatal bus crash
Accident lawyers and local law enforcement officers in California investigating a fatal bus crash are focusing their attention on the vehicle's brakes
- Distracted driving to remain priority in the post-LaHood era
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has promised that distracted driving will remain a priority despite the imminent departure of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood
- Interstate pile-up in Detroit claims three lives
Police officers and accident lawyers in Detroit, Michigan, are investigating a multi-vehicle accident on a busy stretch of highway that fatally injured two children
- Two-vehicle crash in New Jersey leaves 14 injured
Police officers and accident lawyers in Lakewood, New Jersey, are investing a two-vehicle crash on January 29 that left 14 people injured, with one passenger airlifted in a critical condition.
- Mother charged after child sustains fatal injury in crash
Police officers in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, have charged the mother of a two-year-old girl fatally injured in a four-car accident with a number of offenses relating to child safety.
- Distracted driving prevalent among new mothers, study shows
New mothers may believe that the safety of their child is paramount when driving, but a recently released survey shows that some moms continue to exhibit unsafe practices when behind the wheel.
- Obese drivers more likely to die in crashes, study finds
Drivers who are considered to be obese are more at risk of suffering a fatal injury in a car accident, according to a new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Winter weather causes chaos on Ohio roads
Ohio State Police were kept busy on January 21 after several multi-car pile-ups brought chaos to the roads and highways.
- Toyota agrees to settle in fatal acceleration case
Toyota has settled what is assumed to be the first in a number of wrongful death and injury lawsuits that are related to sudden and unintended acceleration by its vehicles, a company spokesman has confirmed.
- One-third of drivers use smartphone while driving, study shows
Despite a number of high-profile media campaigns and the introduction of targeted legislation in a number of states, a recent study has shown that drivers are still operating their vehicles while using a mobile device.
- Drivers use the internet to complain about bad driving, study shows
Aggressive driving and road rage are among two of the most commonly cited problems that drivers complain about, according to a recently published report.
- Florida man survives being hogtied behind truck by ex-wife
Police officers and accident attorneys in Florida are investigating a bizarre incident in which a man was tied to a truck bumper and dragged for half a mile,
- Alabama cheerleaders involved in post-game crash
Police officers in Montgomery, Alabama, have advised that a charter bus carrying University of Alabama cheerleaders was involved in a crash on January 8.
- Toddler injured in vehicle backover incident
Police officers in High Point, North Carolina investigating an accident at a family home on January 7 have confirmed that a 4-year-old girl remains in critical condition.
- Increase in road deaths in Kentucky has officials baffled
An increase in the number of fatal accidents in Kentucky has left local law enforcement officers and accident attorneys searching for a reason, with figures showing that 2012 was the deadliest for several years.
- One in 25 drivers could be asleep at the wheel, federal study believes
With the world moving at an ever-increasing pace, drivers are getting behind the wheel of a vehicle while still drowsy, a federal driving study has shown.
- Teen driving laws in Pennsylvania need more parental knowledge
Teenage drivers may not see eye to eye with their parents on a number of life choices, but a study in Pennsylvania has found that both parties need to have a better grasp of the state's teen driving safety laws.
- Couple arrested in distracted driving crash faces deportation
A Mexican couple living in Oregon,charged with causing the death of a motorcyclist through distracted driving, have escaped a prison sentence but may still face deportation, according to the Corvallis Gazette Times.
- New Year's fatalities in California attributed to seatbelts as opposed to DU
With the holiday season coming to an end, local law enforcement officers in California have revealed that failing to wear a seatbelt was the apparent cause of New Year fatalities with drunk driving offenses limited to operating rather than crashing vehicles.
- Federal traffic agency considers mandatory black box requirement
Potential federal regulations intended to make black box recorders mandatory in all new vehicles are being welcomed by law enforcement officials and accident attorneys.
- Pennsylvania teen driver charged with murder in fatal accident
Police officers in Pennsylvania investigating a fatal accident involving a teenage driver and his girlfriend have revealed that he deliberately crashed his vehicle in order to murder her.
- Four killed in DUI minivan crash in Ohio
Police officers in Ohio investigating a fatal accident on December 23 believe that alcohol may have played a significant role.
- Family cars safer than luxury vehicles in narrow object test
Drivers who crash into a narrow object at 40 m.p.h are more likely to avoid injuries to front-seat passengers in mass-market family vehicles than those that do so in a luxury cars, a recent safety test has demonstrated.
- Pedestrian distraction could be as dangerous as texting while driving, study shows
Texting while driving is already to be considered one of the biggest contributors to fatal injuries or accidents in the U.S., but a new study shows that walking across the street while sending a message can be just as dangerous.
- Motorist killed as she leaves vehicle after crash
Police officers and accident attorneys in Minnesota are investigating a fatal incident in which a driver was killed after exiting her vehicle.
- Multi-vehicle crash on Long Island Expressway claims one life
Local law enforcement officials in New York are investigating a multi-vehicle incident on the Long Island Expressway that fatally injured one driver and injured 33 others.
- Drivers who drink in White Plains on New Year's Eve can get home safely
Police officers in White Plains, New York, may not be able to take the evening of December 31 off, but a safety initiative aimed at dissuading drunk drivers from getting behind the wheel could reduce their workload.
- Drivers can be distracted by thinking, study shows
Accident lawyers investigating crashes allegedly caused by distracted driving are used to considering the usual suspects such as cell phone use or texting, but a new study by researchers in France reveals that thinking could be a significant contributor.
- Road rage considered most likely cause of fatal crash in North Carolina
Local law enforcement officers in Surry County, North Carolina, believe that road rage may have been responsible for a fatal car crash on December 11.
- Highway deaths in 2011 decline to lowest rate since 1949
The number of deaths on U.S. highways has declined to its lowest level since 1949, a situation that law enforcement officials and accident lawyers believe is related to the increased safety awareness of drivers.
- Illinois driver fatally injured after colliding with back of school bus
Police officers in Kankakee, Illinois, are investigating a fatal accident involving a motorist and a school bus.
- Apple Valley crash sees 11 people injured in multi-car incident
Police officers in San Bernardino County, California, are investigating a multi-vehicle crash that left 11 people injured and involved nine vehicles.
- Distracted driving to blame for fatal bridge crash
Police officers in Rhode Island investigating a fatal crash on December 1 believe that distracted driving may have been the cause.
- Fatal crash at Miami International Airport after bus hits overpass
Local law enforcement officers and accident lawyers in Florida are investigating a bus crash at the Miami International Airport that fatally injured two members of a church group and left others needing hospital treatment.
- Thanksgiving crash in Texas still under investigation
Traffic investigators and accident lawyers still trying to ascertain the causes of the Thanksgiving multi-vehicle pileup in Texas are considering whether charges can be brought against a number of drivers travelling at excessive speed for the conditions.
- Multi-vehicle pileup in Texas blamed on foggy conditions and excessive speed
Police traffic officers and accident lawyers investigating the multi-car pileup in Texas on Thanksgiving believe that the combination of bad weather and excessive speed may have been a factor in the amount of vehicles involved.
- 17-year-old DUI driver injures five teenage passengers in crash
Police officers in Novato, California, investigating a single-vehicle accident that injured six teenagers have confirmed that the 17-year old driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol
- Distracted driver drops cigarette, crashes through wall of local motel
Police officers and accident lawyers in Grand Junction, Colorado, believe that distracted driving may have been the reason why a motorist crashed through the wall of a motel.
- Fatal accident on wet Long Beach road blamed on excessive speed
Police officers and accident lawyers investigating a fatal accident in Long Beach on November 17 believe that excessive speed and poor weather conditions may have contributed to the crash.
- Four military veterans killed as freight train hits parade float
Police officers and accident lawyers investigating a fatal collision between a freight train and a motorized parade float believe that the vehicle had begun crossing the railway tracks after the warning bells and signals had been activated
- Massachusetts doctor charged with driving under the influence of drugs
Police officers and accident lawyers are investigating an accident in Massachusetts that led to a prominent local doctor being charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Driving while drowsy prevalent among young motorists
Young drivers are more likely to fall asleep behind the wheel of a car, reveals a recently released survey by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.
- Police officers in Colorado experience a confusing afternoon
Police officers in Loveland, Colorado, are still trying to understand the sequence of events that led to a four-car accident on November 8
- Teenage driver distracted by crash causes one himself
Police officers in Chico, California, have not confirmed whether an 18-year-old driver who caused a multi-vehicle accident while looking at emergency services dealing with another crash will be charged with distracted driving
- Teenage driver in Wisconsin faces potential prison sentence after fatal crash
Wisconsin police officers investigating a fatal accident involving a teenage driver and a stationary patrol car have charged the young motorist with vehicular homicide.
- Elderly driver ejected from vehicle, car nearly hits house
Police officers in Clinton Township, Michigan, are investigating a two-vehicle accident on November 5 that almost saw an Oldsmobile sitting in the front room of a neighboring house
- Building goes up in flames after car crashes into it
Police officers and accident lawyers are investigating an incident in Denham Springs, Louisiana, after a vehicle left the road and crashed into a house, causing it to burst into flames.
- Loose cat in vehicle causes driver to crash
Police officers in Washington State are investigating an accident in Beaver Valley after a loose cat inside a vehicle caused the driver to crash into another car.
- Fatal bus crash in Arkansas under investigation by accident lawyers
State police officers and accident lawyers in Searcy County, Arkansas, have begun an investigation into a multi-vehicle accident that fatally injured a driver and sent 19 bus passengers to hospital
- Police in Kentucky confirm no other vehicle involved in school bus crash
Local law enforcement officers in Carroll County, Kentucky, investigating a fatal school bus crash that killed two children and left several injured believe that a second vehicle was not involved
- Six people involved in multi-crash incident spurred by domestic dispute
Police officers in Chicago are investigating a car crash involving six people that may have been caused by a domestic dispute
- Rap star P. Diddy injured in car accident
Rap music star and music production mogul Sean "P. Diddy" Combs is currently being treated for injuries after crashing his SUV into another vehicle near the Beverly Hills Hotel outside Los Angeles, the New York Daily News reports.
- Fatal combination of distracted driving habits causes crash
Police officers in Muncie, Indiana, investigating a car crash that killed a 38-year-old man believe that excessive speed, teenage driver inexperience, a slippery road surface and distracted driving all combined to cause the fatal accident.
- Virginia woman crashes into military facility while eating soap
Police officers in Maryland are investigating a bizarre incident on October 23 at a military medical facility after a woman crashed her car into an entrance gate.
- Oklahoma dust storm shuts down interstate after multi-vehicle pile-up
Police officers and accident lawyers are still sifting through the aftermath of a massive dust storm in Oklahoma that shut down an interstate and caused a multi-vehicle accident on October 18.
- New Jersey traffic officials focused on teen safety
Law enforcement officials and accident lawyers in New Jersey are hoping that new initiatives announced as part of National Teen Driver Safety Week will raise awareness among teen drivers and parents
- Teen drivers most at risk with other teens in vehicle
A week-long nationwide safety initiative aimed at teenagers has received the backing of law enforcement officers and accident lawyers, coinciding with the release of the latest fatal injury figures for teen drivers
- BMX champion fatally injured in single-vehicle crash
Police officers and accident lawyers are investigating the death of an Olympian in a single-vehicle accident in Texas.
- New York City police issue apology to mother of fatally injured son
The mother of a New York City man killed when he was struck by a pursuing police cruiser has received an apology from the Police Department for sending a repair bill for the dent
- Police patrol car in Louisiana involved in fatal accident
State police and accident lawyers are investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash in Louisiana that involved a police cruiser on an emergency call.
- Four teenagers killed in Long Island crash, driver survives
Police officers and accident lawyers in New York are investigating a crash on October 9 that left 4 teenage passengers fatally injured and the 17-year-old driver hospitalized
- Students in Massachusetts encouraged to take the distracted driving test
Massachusetts student drivers are being encouraged to take advantage of an interactive distracted driving program housed in a 36-foot tour bus.
- Bus overturns on exit ramp in New Jersey, 23 passengers injured
Police officers and accident attorneys in New Jersey are investigating a solo incident on October 6 that left eight people hospitalized after a tour bus overturned on a highway exit ramp
- Fatal car crash in church parking lot claims life of six-year-old girl
Local law enforcement officers and accident lawyers are investigating an accident in the car park of a California church that fatally injured a six-year-old girl
- You can't escape a moose
Police officers in Maine are investigating an incident on October 1 involving a moose and a motor vehicle in which a passenger died
- Rear-end collision injuries could be reduced by 50 percent, say researchers
Researchers at a university in Virginia believe they have come up with an automated braking system that could significantly reduce the amount of rear-end crashes that occur with depressing regularity
- Traffic officials in New Jersey receive $5 million safety grant from DOT
The New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety has been awarded $5 million in federal funding to tackle drunk or distracted driving and to ensure that children are better protected when travelling in a vehicle
- Road rage incident ends with biker being shot in face
Law enforcement officers in Minnesota are investigating a case of apparent road-rage that ended with two motorcyclists being threatened at gunpoint by an enraged driver in a police department parking lot.
- Amtrak train derailed in California by truck
Transport officials and the California Highway Patrol are investigating the derailment of an Amtrak train that was hit by a big rig truck at a gated railway crossing.
- Distracted driving is easier in a modern car
Modern cars could be the reason why accidents caused by distracted driving are on the increase, with power steering and cruise control considered by some to be one of the reasons why it is easier to drive with one hand on the wheel.
- Two U.S. Navy members killed in New York crash
Police officers and accident lawyers in Saratoga, New York, are investigating a car crash that fatally injured two members of the U.S. Navy
- Senate to consider car rental legislation
Car rental companies will not be allowed to let vehicles that have been recalled by manufacturers for defects be hired by customers until the fault is fixed, a proposed measure that has been welcomed by accident lawyers and traffic officials
- Fatal accident in Ohio claims one life, injures four
Local law enforcement officers in Licking County, Ohio, are investigating a fatal crash that left one elderly woman dead and two with serious injuries
- Teenage drivers learn bad habits from parents
Parents who believe that they have nothing to do with teenage driving behavior may find that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, a recent study reveals
- Underage driver in Florida kills mother and sister in crash
Traffic enforcement officials and accident attorneys in Fort Meade, Florida, are investigating a fatal crash involving an underage driver, her sister and the mother.
- Elderly Arizona driver reverses into friends after shopping trip
Police officers and accident lawyers in Apache Junction, Arizona, are investigating an incident that saw a man hospitalized after being run over by a friend's car.
- Driver safety education starts at school
Students who want to be able to park their cars at some schools in South Carolina will only be allowed to do so if they attend a mandatory driving safety course
- Fast, furious and fatal
As tempting as it is to blame Vin Diesel, illegal drag racing has continued to grow in popularity among young drivers even as the Fast and Furious movie franchise has offered diminishing returns to the viewer
- Michigan State Police looking for road rage driver
Early morning road rage may have been the primary cause of a tractor-trailer overturning and spilling toys across a section of Interstate 96 in Michigan, believe crash investigators and local accident lawyers.
- Idaho crash that killed two teenagers will take weeks to investigate
Police officers in Ada County, Idaho, believe that it will take some time to find out the cause of a crash that left two teenagers dead and another one in hospita
- Two dead after SUV crashes into bus stop
A fatal accident at a bus stop near the Lehigh Valley International Airport in Pennsylvania is under investigation by police officers and accident lawyers
- Pedestrian killed by out-of-control truck in Walnut Creek
Police officers in Walnut Creek, California, are investigating a fatal crash that killed a pedestrian and seriously injured another.
- Highway officials call for nationwide ban on phone use
Fining drivers for texting behind the wheel is only a small step in addressing the increase in distracted driving but banning all phone use should be next, in the opinion of highway officials.
- Elderly driver fatally injured after pickup truck lands on vehicle
Louisiana State Police and accident lawyers in Baton Rouge are investigating a crash on September 9 that fatally injured an elderly driver and his passenger
- TV show Glee emphasises the danger of texting while driving
The stars of Glee have joined forces with the Department of Transport in a high-profile campaign to discourage drivers from texting behind the wheel
- Harley rider fatally injured by teenage driver
Law enforcement officials in Ohio are investigating two separate crashes that resulted in fatal injuries and the death of a motorcycle rider
- Iowa man dies after his car is hit by a train
Police officers and accident lawyers in Iowa are investigating a vehicle crash that left a driver dead after his car was hit by a train and dragged down the tracks
- One percent of motorists think they are bad drivers
Ninety-nine percent of drivers believe that they can operate a vehicle efficiently even if they are holding a cup of coffee or talking to someone on their phone, a recent report shows
- 100-year-old driver reverses into children
Local law enforcement officers and accident lawyers in Los Angeles are investigating an incident involving an elderly driver that resulted in nine children being taken to the hospital.
- Mass transit collision in LA could have been a catastrophe
Dozens of passengers on a Los Angeles bus escaped serious injury after the vehicle was struck by a train in the downtown area
- Massachusetts family dies in New York crash
Police officers and local accident attorneys are investigating a vehicle accident in New York state that fatally injured a family from Dover, Massachusetts
- Speeding driver in Michigan suffers self-induced fatal injury
Regional authorities and accident lawyers in Michigan are investigating an incident in which a speeding driver committed suicide after crashing into two other vehicles
- Teenage driver may face speeding charges
Law enforcement officials and accident lawyers are investigating a three-vehicle accident in Grand Island, Nebraska, that left two teenagers in the hospital
- Talking cars to be trialed in Michigan
The next generation of cars could be equipped with the ability to warn each other of potential crashes if a yearlong safety initiative in Michigan is successful
- Child safety the priority of Michigan mother
The mother of a two-year-old boy killed in a Michigan car crash in 2008 is continuing her crusade against improperly fitted car seats by offering help to families who may have concerns
- Passenger fatally injured after four-vehicle crash in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania State Police and local accident attorneys are investigating a multiple vehicle crash on Interstate 78 that led to the fatal injury of a passenger
- Four-vehicle crash in Maine leaves two women in critical condition
A four-vehicle accident in Maine that saw two people airlifted to hospital is being investigated by local police officers
- Megabus faces latest wrongful death suit
Accident lawyers have filed a lawsuit against Megabus after an elderly woman was fatally injured when she was hit by one of the company vehicles near Union Station in Chicago.
- Teen driver may face charges after fatal crash
Police officers and accident lawyers in Ohio are investigating a vehicle accident that fatally injured one teenager and saw four others taken to hospita
- Cars are being built for consumers, not rescuers
Car manufacturers are always keen to showcase the features of their latest model but for emergency services that attend the scene of a vehicle crash, the fight to save trapped drivers can be a race against tim
- MBTA bus driver crashes into meter maid to avoid parking ticket
Transport officials and local law enforcement officers are investigating a vehicle accident in Boston, Massachusetts, that involved several cars, a bus and an allegation that an MBTA employee deliberately drove into a parking official.
- Child safety guidelines not being followed by parents
Fatal injuries sustained by children over the age of 3 in vehicle accidents could be prevented if more parents followed child safety guidelines, recent research reveals
- Oregon police officers search for hit-and-run driver
Local law enforcement officials and accident lawyers in Marion County, Oregon, are looking for a driver who fled the scene of a crash that left a man trapped under a car at the side of the road.
- Pedestrian fatalities increase on the nation's roads
Fifty percent of people fatally injured in traffic accidents in Washington D.C. are pedestrians, according to recently released figures
- Fatal accidents increase in Illinois despite state zero-fatality goal
Vehicle accidents and fatal injuries sustained in car crashes are increasing in Illinois despite a series of initiatives introduced by state transportation officials aimed at a zero-fatality rate in the region
- Teenage drivers in New Jersey targeted by road-safety watchdog
The number of fatal car accidents in the south of New Jersey involving teenagers is on the rise, according to a recently released report by the South Jersey Traffic Alliance
- Pennsylvania Police investigate two fatal crashes on same night
Law enforcement officials are investigating two car accidents in Pennsylvania that led to the death of a teenager and a motorcyclist on July 31
- Buckling up can make a difference for drivers in Kentucky
Drivers in Kentucky are being issued less tickets for traffic violations and speeding offenses but the number of fatal car accidents is increasing, according to local law enforcement officials
- Nashville teen driving fatalities ranked third in nation
Fatal vehicle accidents involving teenagers in Nashville, Tennessee, are among the highest in the country, according to figures recently released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Michigan car crash kills two teenage passengers
Police officers are investigating the cause of a fatal vehicle accident in Canton, Michigan, that killed two teenage female passengers and saw the drivers taken to hospital.
- State officials in Maine concerned about elderly drivers
Following a successful initiative to impose stricter driving laws on teenagers, state officials in Maine are now looking to the other end of the age spectrum in an attempt to reduce the amount of accidents that could be attributed to the elderly drivers in the community
- Fatal truck crash in Texas claims fourteen lives
Local law enforcement officials and federal immigration agents in South Texas are dealing with the aftermath of a vehicle accident that killed 14 alleged illegal immigrants and left 9 others injured
- Fatal car crash claims lives of five partygoers
Law enforcement officials in Queens, New York, are investigating a fatal crash that killed five passengers, including two children, after the sport utility vehicle they were travelling in made contact with a concrete support pole on Atlantic Avenue
- Four people airlifted to New Jersey hospitals after vehicle accidents
Law enforcement officials and emergency services in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, have been recently involved in a series of separate vehicle accidents that saw a number of people treated for injuries
- Four major vehicle incidents in three hours keep Tulsa police busy
Law enforcement officials and accident attorneys in Tulsa, Oklahoma, will need to keep up with their paperwork after four unrelated vehicle accidents occurred in the space of three hours, two of which ended fatally for the drivers.
- Indiana law enforcement concerned for health of missing driver
Law enforcement officials in Fort Wayne, Indiana, are concerned for the health of a female driver who ran from the scene of a vehicle accident in the early hours of a Sunday morning
- Road-rage can lead to more than a loss of temper
Aggressive driving that can lead to road-rage has been cited as a significant factor in a number of vehicle accidents in Bexar County, Texas, in the opinion of local law enforcement officials
- Avoidance technology can reduce the chance of a car accident
Vehicles that are equipped with accident-avoidance-technology are less likely to be involved in a traffic accident, according to a recently released report
- Two drivers injured in early morning crash on 'dangerous road'
Two injured drivers were taken to a hospital in Palm Harbor, Florida, after an early morning accident on July 11 saw a vehicle cross the central line and crash into a SUV that was travelling in the opposite direction, reported the Florida Highway Patrol
- Bus crashes into building following high-speed police pursuit
Several people were injured after a high speed pursuit of a suspected felon in a stolen rental vehicle resulted in a bus crashing into an apartment building in St. Petersburg, Florida, according to local law enforcement officials
- Energy boom in South Texas may be responsible for increase in truck accidents
Communities in South Texas may be grateful for the shale gas energy boom that has brought jobs and investment but the increased traffic on regional roads and highways has seen an enormous jump in the amount of commercial vehicle accidents
- People, not vehicles, are the problem in Ocean City
Local law enforcement officials in Ocean City, Maryland, are finding that pedestrians rather than motor vehicles are causing problems on local roads.
- Truck driver sued by mother for causing multiple vehicle incident that left daughter with brain-trauma
The mother of a woman who suffered brain injuries as the result of an six vehicle pile-up allegedly caused by a truck driver taking a wrong turn down an off-ramp in San Clemente, California, is suing him for recklessness,
- Wyoming car crash kills three boy scouts, five total
A recent head-on crash in Wyoming resulted in the death of three boy scouts and two others as they were driving back to their home in Colorado after a camping trip, The Huffington Post reports.
- Woman plans to file lawsuit after car accident involving police officer
A woman from Flanders, New Jersey, plans to file a lawsuit against the city following a crash, blaming a police officer whom she alleges was talking on her cell phone at the time of the crash, the Mount Olive Chronicle reports.
- Driver flees after fatal New York car accident
A man from Stephentown, New York, reportedly left the scene of the accident after flipping his car on Thursday, June 27, leaving behind an injured man who later died, the Albany Times Union reports.
- Tractor trailer driver charged after fatal North Carolina accident
A man from Conover, North Carolina, has been charged following the death of a Thomasville woman, who was killed in a three-vehicle accident involving a tractor trailer on U.S. Highway 64 West in Davie County, the Davidson County Dispatch reports.
- Parents of Iowa student killed in crash file lawsuit
The parents of a 14-year-old girl from Clear Creek Amana High School have filed a second lawsuit against the school district after their first was dismissed earlier in June, ABC affiliate KCRG reports.
- Federal officials ask questions in head-on Oklahoma train crash
Investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board are trying to determine why the conductor of a Union Pacific freight train failed to pull over onto a side track and instead continued to speed down the main rail line colliding head-one with an oncoming locomotive in Oklahoma on June 24.
- Victims file lawsuit against driver in Indiana drunk driving accident
The victims of a drunk driving accident involving an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Officer have filed a lawsuit in federal court, claiming the patroller violated their 14th Amendment right to life and liberty, Fox 59 reports.
- Montana mother charged after serious car accident
A woman from Helena, Montana, was charged after she was involved in a rollover crash on York Road on Tuesday, June 19, the Helena Independent Record reports.
- New York tractor trailer crash leaves driver dead
A truck driver was killed in a rollover accident in Calverton, New York, on Tuesday, June 19, the Riverhead Patch reports.
- Motorcyclist killed in Massachusetts Bridge Accident
Officials say it's unlikely that an 18-year-old unidentified driver of a pickup truck will face charges in a deadly motorcycle accident that killed a Pennsylvania man in Massachusetts on June 18.
- California family killed in Father's Day car accident
A fatal car accident near Bakersfield, California, over the weekend may have been caused by a faulty tire, high heat and a cramped vehicle, resulting in the death of four members of a Modesto family, The Associated Press reports.
- Woman charged in fatal Massachusetts hit-and-run bike accident
A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for July in the case of a Massachusetts woman accused of hitting and killing a bicyclist on a Cape Cod roadway on June 14 and then leaving the scene of the crime.
- Illinois jury awards Edwardsville woman more than $8,000 after car accident
On Tuesday, June 12, a jury in Madison County, Illinois, awarded the plaintiff in a car accident lawsuit more than $8,000 in damages, the Madison Record reports.
- Investigation continues into deadly Florida plane crash
Investigators in Florida are trying to determine the exact cause of a single-engine plane crash that killed a Kansas businessman and his family on June 7.
- New York teen pleads guilty to charges in fatal car accident
A teenager from Barryville pleaded guilty on Tuesday, June 12, in Sullivan County Court to charges stemming from a drunk driving accident that killed his cousin and seriously injured two of his closest friends, the Times Herald-Record reports.
- Officials investigate fatal Texas train accident
Authorities in Burnet County, Texas, are trying to determine the exact cause of a deadly train accident that left a 58-year-old woman dead on June 9.
- California man killed in residential motorcycle accident
A man was killed after he was thrown from his motorcycle during an accident in Redway, the Eureka Times-Standard reports.
- U.S. Commerce Secretary slapped with citation for California hit-and-run crashes
California officials are investigating two hit-and-run accidents they said involved U.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson, who was cited for a felony by San Gabriel police on June 9.
- Officials will not add lights at site of deadly truck accident in Illinois
Officials from the Illinois Department of Transportation (DOT) said they have no plans to add any additional lights or signage at an intersection in Oswego that residents call a "death trap."
- Tractor trailer accidents leave several injured around the country
A recent flurry of truck accidents around the country has left a number of people injured and led to the deaths of others.
- Boston mayor calls for new safety measures following deadly bicycle accident
Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino is calling for the city's transportation department to implement better safety measures along a stretch of Huntington Avenue, the site of a fatal bicycle accident on June 1.
- Feds inspect "heavily fragmented" wreckage from Utah air crash
Officials from the National Transportation Safety Board said that an air tanker that crashed while fighting a wildfire in southern Utah was reduced to fragments, the results of which are making it more difficult for investigators to determine the exact cause of the accident.
- Massachusetts teen found guilty in deadly texting and driving accident
An 18-year-old Massachusetts man will spend a year in prison after being found guilty of texting and driving seconds before a deadly motor vehicle crash last year.
- Motorcycle accident injures two in Texas
A motorcycle crash in Houston, Texas, sent two riders to the hospital, where they are both recovering from serious injuries, ABC affiliate KTRK reports.
- Authorities confirm driver fatigue cause of deadly New York bus accident
Federal officials have confirmed that driver fatigue is to blame for a bus crash that killed 15 people along Interstate 95 in the Bronx, New York, last year.
- Deers blamed in large number of auto accidents in Coles County, Illinois
Authorities in Illinois said that it appears as if deer were behind more than half of the motor vehicle accidents reported in Coles County last year.
- Multiple tractor trailer crashes occur within hours in Connecticut
Heavy loads of interstate commerce that use Connecticut's highway system to deliver goods across the Northeast can result in serious truck accidents that involve other drivers, other trucks and at times, highway infrastructure.
- Graduation day crash kills a total of four teens
The fourth victim of a graduation day crash that killed three others has died, a local Ohio hospital confirmed.
- Semi accident leaves West Virginia woman dead
A crash on West Virginia's Interstate 77 between a sedan and a double trailer semi-truck has resulted in one death and one injury on Thursday afternoon.
- Some states rank better in terms of safety
A recent report by Trust for America's Health found Massachusetts has the lowest rate of crash-related deaths in comparison to the population, while many other states fare much worse.
- Numerous car crashes mark Memorial Day weekend
Citizens of a number of states were affected as crashes resulted in the deaths of many over the weekend.
- Family safe after Idaho plane crash
A firefighter, his wife and their adult daughter are safe after their plane crashed into a snow-covered Idaho mountain late Saturday night.
- Recent Yale grad killed in Cape accident
Wayland, Massachusetts native Marina Keegan was killed Saturday afternoon in a car accident on Route 6 near Dennis.
- Cattle-hauling trucks flip over
Three farms, two in Texas and one in Oklahoma, have been affected as a large amount of cattle were killed in the last month.
- California bicyclist killed in collision with car
Bicyclist August Bissiri was killed Thursday afternoon after being struck by a 2005 Ford Focus.
- Crossing guard struck, killed in Massachusetts
Marie Stewart, a 71-year-old crossing guard in Everett, Massachusetts, was struck and killed by a driver Wednesday morning.
- Train accident kills Minnesota man
A man walking along train tracks in Plymouth, Minnesota, was killed Tuesday morning after failing to heed warnings that a train was coming.
- New York police searching for hit-and-run offender
Police in Colonie, New York, are searching for a driver involved in a hit-and-run car accident that left a pedestrian dead.
- Maryland roads see multiple motorcycle crashes
Speeding is thought to be a factor in the recent death of a motorcyclist in Howard County, Maryland.
- Three trucks collide in South Dakota
Everyone is safe after three semi-trucks collided at an intersection in Redfield, South Dakota.
- Wisconsin roads blocked after semi crash
An accident involving five vehicles, including a tractor-trailer, caused major traffic on a Wisconsin interstate early this morning.
- Sox slugger unhurt in accident
David Ortiz, star hitter of the Boston Red Sox, was involved in an accident on his way to Fenway Park before Friday's game.
- New Jersey student killed in crash
An 18-year-old attending New Jersey's Franklin High School was killed Tuesday on his way to school.
- Teens continue to text and drive
Despite the new laws that multiple states have passed regarding texting and driving, teens continue to take the risk while operating a vehicle, a recent AT&T survey found.
- Massachusetts man killed in motorcycle accident
Boston resident Edwin Chan was killed Friday night after crashing his motorcycle in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
- Four dead after small plane crash in Kansas
A small, twin-engine Cessna 401 carrying five people crashed in a field in Kansas on Friday afternoon, killing four.
- Chicago crash kills four
An early morning crash on Mother's Day has left four young mothers in Chicago dead after the speeding vehicle hit a train track's supporting beam
- Member of Red Sox Nation killed in crash
Longtime Fenway Park lineup announcer Carl Beane passed away Wednesday after suffering a heart attack while driving in Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
- Man dies in motorcycle accident after hitting buzzard
David Norris, of Upper Marlboro, Maryland, was killed Sunday afternoon after crashing his motorcycle, partly caused by striking a low-flying buzzard.
- No one hurt after train collides with tractor trailer
A tractor trailer carrying bales of cotton was struck by a train Friday morning in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, after becoming stuck on the railroad tracks.
- New York man in critical condition after motorcycle crash
A 55 year old man of West Leyden, New York, is in critical condition after a motorcycle accident Sunday night in Lewis.
- History channel stars unhurt after car accident
Joe LaFont and Tommy Chauvin, who star in History Channel's "Swamp People," were involved in a five-car accident in Arkansas, April 30.
- Man dies in Tennessee motorcycle accident
Mini Zaki, a 20-year-old of Antioch, Tennessee, was killed Thursday night on Briley Parkway in Bellevue after being thrown from his motorcycle.
- Semi accident cuts Missouri county's power
A semi truck accident caused a massive power outage for 1,700 residents of Missouri's Butler County Sunday afternoon, the Southeast Missourian reported.
- Motorcycle accident injures Arkansas police chief
Lowell, Arkansas police chief Joe Landers is in critical condition after a motorcycle accident in Panama City, Florida, Friday night.
- Car and bus collision leaves one dead in West Virginia
One driver is dead and six school children were injured after an early accident this morning on West Virginia's Interstate 81 near Martinsburg.
- Child bicyclist struck by reversing sedan
A Salem, Massachusetts child was hit by a car reversing out of a driveway this past weekend while riding a bicycle in the early evening.
- New York car accident leaves seven dead when SUV falls 60 feet
An accident on a New York highway has left three generations of a family dead after the SUV they were riding in veered off the highway, falling 60 feet into the grounds of the Bronx Zoo.
- Chicago car accident knocks window washer off scaffolding
Early Thursday morning a car accident in Chicago set off a chain-reaction of accidents that led to a window washer falling roughly 25 feet to the ground.
- Texas car accident causes multiple injuries
In North Richland Hills, shortly after 2 a.m. Wednesday, a driver lost control of his vehicle as it went flying off Airport Freeway, injuring three people.
- Car accident leaves professional wrestler in serious condition
According to police reports, Professional wrestler Marcus "Buff" Bagwell was seriously injured after allegedly flipping his Jeep several times on Towne Lake Parkway in Cherokee County, Georgia.
- San Francisco car accident closes part of Golden Gate Bridge
This past Tuesday, a multi-vehicle accident on the Golden Gate Bridge closed all northbound lanes of traffic after the cars were involved in a chain-reaction collision.
- Florida multi-vehicle accident injures five
The Florida Highway Patrol has stated that a four-vehicle crash Sunday afternoon in North Fort Myers has injured five people.
- Massachusetts car accident sends five to the hospital
Monday evening, a serious crash on Interstate 91 in Massachusetts left five people with serious injuries and closed all traffic lanes for nearly three hours.
- New York City car accident leaves 10 injured
On 42nd Street this past Saturday evening, a speeding vehicle caused damage and injuries to multiple vehicles and pedestrians.
- Multi-vehicle crash kills California cyclist, leaves others injured
A multi-car crash on Wednesday resulted in the death of one bicyclist and sent others to an area hospital with moderate injuries, My Desert reports.
- Girl seriously injured in Colorado bicycle accident
In Fort Collins, Colorado, an 11-year-old girl was seriously injured Monday after she was hit by a truck while riding her bicycle through a crosswalk at the intersection of Shields Street and Horsetooth Road.
- Death toll rises from weekend train accident
The driver of the vehicle that collided with a train on Heber Road this past Saturday was pronounced dead Monday at Grant Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio.
- Wisconsin multiple-motorcycle crash leaves four with serious injuries
Recently in Dane Township, Wisconsin, a six-motorcycle accident left four victims in serious condition, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- Car collides into Florida Publix store, 10 injured
A local Publix grocery store in Palm Coast, Florida, is still recovering after a 74-year old woman allegedly drove her vehicle through the sliding glass exit doors, leaving 10 people with injuries, including an elderly shopper and an infant.
- 1 teen dead, 2 injured in single-vehicle auto accident
In Winnebago County, Illinois, police have officially released the identity of the teenaged-driver who was killed in an accident Friday night that also sent two others to a local hospital with serious injuries.
- One teen dead, four seriously injured in Delaware accident
Delaware State Police are still investigating an automobile accident that left a 17-year-old dead and sent four others to the hospital in serious condition Thursday evening in Middletown.
- Officer hurt in motorcycle accident during presidential motorcade
A Hillsborough County Deputy was injured in a motorcycle accident while assisting the U.S. Secret service as the presidential motorcade made its way towards Tampa, Florida.
- More attention should be paid to bicycle safety
Two people have died in San Francisco as a result of being struck by a bicyclist this year, bringing to light the fact that bicycles can be just as deadly as any other method of transportation, according to Reuters.
- Rhode Island officer seriously injured after motorcycle accident
In East Providence, Rhode Island, a police officer was seriously injured after his patrol bike impacted a passenger vehicle at the corner of Pawtucket and Grosvenor Avenue Friday afternoon.
- Fatal car accidents increase significantly on tax day
A recent study by the University of Toronto has found the number of fatal crashes typically increases by six percent on the last day for United States taxpayers to file their returns.
- Delaware crash leaves 10 injured
Delaware State Police are further investigating a three-vehicle accident that resulted in 10 injuries on Monday, April 9, WBOC News 16 reports.
- Man struck by vehicle while examining accident scene
In Florida, authorities have said that a two-car crash on Interstate 95 left a man with serious injuries after a third car failed to stop, striking the victim as he was standing near the wreck.
- Woman fatally hit by SUV in New York as she saves grandson
In Staten Island, New York, in a final act of selflessness, a grandmother pushed her 8-year-old grandson out of the way of an SUV before being struck and killed by the vehicle.
- Tractor trailer accident causes minor injuries
In Westborough, Massachusetts, a tractor trailer fell onto its side shortly before 8 a.m., causing minor injuries for the driver of the vehicle.
- Iowa trooper, two others injured in automobile accident
The State Patrol has officially released the names of the three people injured in a crash involving an officer near Waverly, Iowa.
- West Virginia motorcyclist loses leg in accident
In Charleston, West Virginia, a man was ejected from his motorcycle after a collision and remains in serious condition at Charleston Area Medical Center.
- Car chase leads to critical injuries for two children
Chicago Police have officially stated that four people, including two children, were seriously injured in an accident while attempting to evade pursuit in the Gresham neighborhood.
- College football coach injured in Arkansas motorcycle accident
Arkansas Razorbacks football coach Bobby Petrino, 51, sustained non life-threatening injuries after he was involved in a motorcycle accident on Sunday, as reported by ESPN.
- Springfield car crash leaves four injured, two in serious condition
Ohio State Troopers are investigating a six-car crash that occurred Saturday afternoon after a driver allegedly ran a red light, colliding with five other cars at an intersection in Springfield Township in Summit County.
- Three-car accident in Florida sends seven to hospital
In an attempt to avoid a crash, a driver in Tampa, Florida, allegedly ended up triggering a three-vehicle accident Wednesday on the Howard Frankland Bridge, according to Old Northeast Patch.
- The dangers of improper truck maintenance
An improperly maintained truck, while not a leading cause of accidents, has the potential to create serious hazards for motorists.
- Elderly woman causes six-vehicle crash in Ohio
Police in Mentor, Ohio, have stated that a 72-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly causing a six-vehicle crash that injured two motorists after she admitted that she was driving under the influence of alcohol during the time of the accident.
- Massachusetts accident leaves man in critical condition
Belchertown, Massachusetts Police Chief Francis Fox reported that a serious three-car crash near Route 202 Friday morning sent two people to the hospital - one to Baystate Medical Center by ambulance, and another by life flight helicopter in critical condition.
- Motorcyclist in critical condition after dump truck accident
The Allen County Sheriff’s Department said that a motorcyclist was critically injured in an accident after colliding with a dump truck near Fort Wayne, Indiana this past Friday.
- Student hospitalized in squad car accident
A student was hospitalized after an auto accident occurred when the police car she was riding in collided with another squad car early Sunday morning in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
- Truck accident causes traffic nightmare in Pittsburgh
A truck accident in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, blocked traffic on the outbound lanes of the Fort Pitt Bridge during the peak morning commute, creating heavy backlogs and congestion for nearly seven miles between various local area roads.
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car in Michigan
Authorities in Hagar Township, Michigan, have reported that a man has died from a motorcycle accident after he allegedly crashed into a vehicle that was making a turn.
- Firefighter killed after auto accident in Florida
A Jacksonville firefighter has died while two other emergency workers sustained critical injuries after they were struck by a motorist as they worked the scene of an automobile accident late Monday night.
- Woman and unborn child killed in Florida hotel automobile accident
A woman who was seven months pregnant with child was killed Sunday in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, after an automobile crashed through a fence and into a pool cabana at the Riverside Hotel.
- Woman remains in critical condition after Indiana motorcycle accident
In Osceola, Indiana, police report that a woman who was injured in a motorcycle accident Sunday afternoon continues to remain in critical condition.
- Fuel spill from commercial truck accident prompts evacuation
On March 12, 2012 a commercial truck hauling fuel near Oakridge, Oregon, veered off the shoulder and overturned, spilling hazardous material from one of the tanks.
- Motorcyclist dies while trying to flee authorities
Sheriff Deputies are investigating a deadly motorcycle accident that took place Wednesday evening on I-4, causing delays and backing up traffic for miles in Polk County, Florida.
- NBA star unhurt after auto accident in Chicago
Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose was involved in a minor auto accident on Tuesday afternoon after his 2011 Bentley was hit on the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago, Illinois. He was not injured in the incident.
- One dead, one injured in Pennsylvania motorcycle accident
One person was killed and another passenger suffered serious injuries resulting from a Perry County motorcycle crash on Route 34 in Oliver Township, Pennsylvania, Tuesday evening, according to state police.
- Man in critical condition after Utah auto accident
Adam Goodsell was critically injured in an auto accident after his brakes allegedly stopped working in his Land Rover while on his way to take his girlfriend out to dinner and propose.
- Escalator accident results in New York woman's death
An elderly woman was killed in an escalator accident on Tuesday, March 13, at the Long Island Rail Road station in Lindenhurst, New York.
- Intoxicated pedestrian causes multiple-car accident in Illinois
In Naperville, Illinois, an intoxicated pedestrian caused a three-car accident early Saturday evening, according to police reports.
- Former congressman involved in auto accident en route to political fundraiser in Florida
Alan Grayson, a former democratic congressman from Florida, allegedly caused an auto accident after he ran a red light in his Mercedes-Benz and collided into a public bus at a downtown intersection this past Saturday in Orlando.
- Car crashes into a police cruiser while issuing a traffic citation
In Salem, Oregon, a police car was rear-ended as officers were conducting a routine traffic stop late Thursday evening. Officers Don Vidrio and Rachel Prager had pulled their vehicle over on the 3200 block of Commercial Street SE, when a Volvo collided into their patrol car from behind.
- Veteran killed in North Carolina motorcycle accident
This past Tuesday, Army Staff Sergeant, Edward Greiner Jr., 32, a veteran who previously served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was killed in a motorcycle accident in North Carolina.
- Single-vehicle crash in Arizona kills five, leaves one survivor
The Mohave County Sheriff's Office has officially released the names of the five victims who died in a recent roll-over auto accident on Big Warren Road in Arizona.
- Car accident keeps top-ranked prospect from participating in Dodger's spring training camp
Outfielder Alfredo Silverio is unable to participate with the rest of his team at Camelback Ranch, the Los Angeles Dodger's spring training camp, after injuries he sustained in a car accident continue to inhibit his recovery.
- Two NASCAR drivers avoid injury in Colorado auto accident
This past Wednesday, drivers Regan Smith and Paul Menard luckily escaped injury after an auto accident. However, the incident did not occur on the racetrack. It happened near Smith's home in Evergreen, Colorado.
- One dead, three injured after a multiple-car accident on dangerous Maryland road
Last Friday morning, three cars collided in the vicinity of MD Route 543 and Goat Hill Road in the Creswell area of Maryland, in very similar circumstances to another deadly auto accident only two weeks prior.
- Oklahoma pastor critically injured in bicycle accident
First Baptist Church of Piedmont Senior Pastor Gary Caldwell is in serious condition after being hit by a vehicle while bicycling this past Monday afternoon in Piedmont, Oklahoma. Also injured in the bicycle accident was Eric Johnson, 21, a custodian at the church.
- Many American transportation workers are dangerously sleep deprived
One in 10 American truck drivers, train conductors, airline pilots and other transportation workers may be severely sleep-deprived, increasing the risk of travel accidents.
- One killed, one injured in Florida motorcycle accident
Recently, in Davie, Florida, a man was fatally wounded after his motorcycle collided with a pick up truck just before 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 4, at the intersection of Orange Drive and SW 61st Avenue.
- Car accident leaves three university students dead while traveling for spring break
A vehicle carrying five Bowling Green State University sorority students en-route for spring break was struck by a vehicle traveling the wrong direction down Interstate 75 in Toledo, Ohio, leaving three of the students dead and two critically injured. The driver in the other vehicle was also killed.
- Two separate train accidents occur on same NYC track within hours
This past week in Manhattan, New York, two men were struck separately by oncoming northbound trains at the same 72nd Street and Broadway subway station on Wednesday, February 28, killing one and injuring another.
- High school swim coach killed in private aviation accident
A private Cessna 172 plane recently crashed only 20 minutes after takeoff from Renton Municipal Airport in Washington, killing three people on a "personal sightseeing flight." Kentlake High School swim coach Seth Dawson was among the three victims.
- One dead, three crew members remain missing after Alabama aviation crash
In Mobile, Alabama, Coast Guard officials say they have recovered the wreckage of a downed helicopter that crashed into Mobile Bay, but were unable to find three of the missing crew members.
- Three dead, three injured in North Dakota morning car crash
The Bismarck Highway Patrol has officially confirmed and released the names of the three men killed in a two-vehicle accident that took place around 6:40 a.m. on March 01, 2012. Jose Manuel Villareal-Ramirez, Jose Pina-Moreno and Martin Meza-Bravo were the victims killed in the crash.
- Bicycle accident raises safety concerns in North Carolina
In Hillsborough, North Carolina, a bicyclist was recently struck by a motor vehicle, which is the second accident within one week in the same location, according to NBC17 News. Prior to those accidents, in August, another cyclist was also hit on the same street.
- Train accident kills two, leaves three children hospitalized
Clark County officials have confirmed that both Amber Smith, 23, of Terre Haute and Rodney Mayer, 23, of Martinsville, have died after their vehicle was struck by an oncoming eastbound train.
- Man dies following motorcycle accident in Oregon
McMinville, Oregon, police said a motorcyclist died after a highway crash on February 28, 2012, KGW.com reports. Investigators pronounced Mark Schmidt II, 29, dead at the scene.
- Hawaiian man suffers life-threatening injuries in motorcycle crash
Waimalu, Hawaii, police reported a Hawaiian man is battling for his life after a motorcycle crash on February 28, 2012, according to Hawaii News Now.
- Train strikes tractor trailer outside Tampa
Florida Highway Patrol officials reported an Amtrak train hit a tractor trailer in Lakeland, Florida, on February 28, 2012, The Ledger reports.
- Tractor trailer, storage truck collide in Buffalo
Authorities have begun an investigation of a crash between a tractor trailer and storage truck in Buffalo on February 29, 2012, The Buffalo News reports. One person suffered an injury in the accident.
- Illinois Metra train kills teenager
A Metra train struck and killed a 15-year-old boy near Lake Forest, Illinois, on February 28, 2012, the Chicago Tribune reports. Lake Forest Deputy Police Chief Glenn Burmeister told the newspaper the teen was a student at nearby Lake Forest High School.
- Car runs red light, 15 students injured in collision
A bus carrying 47 students was involved in an accident on Thursday.
- Alabama plane disaster kills two people
Two Alabama residents lost their lives following a plane crash that took place in Morgan County, Alabama, on February 27, 2012, WHNT News 19 reports. Local officials identified the victims as Lawrence Hicks, 62, and Gayle Owen, 60, after the incident.
- Head-on accident causes minor injuries
In Itasca County, Minnesota, a head-on accident between a car and a truck caused multiple injuries, but luckily everyone survived.
- New laws aim to reduce yearly truck accident deaths
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, approximately 4,000 people die from trucking accidents every year and around 500 of those deaths are caused by the fatigue of drivers.
- Johns Hopkins student death inspires family to oppose drivers' license legislation
Last year, a Johns Hopkins University student was struck by a vehicle while riding his bicycle near campus.
- Intoxicated man allegedly causes multi-vehicle crash, killing a worker
In Blue Island, Illinois, a man was reportedly driving under the influence and caused a multi-vehicle accident and killed a worker unloading a beer truck, The Chicago Sun Times reports.
- Bereaved Iowan parents suing reckless high school driver
Every year, teen driving accidents continue to put fear in the hearts of parents every time their children take the wheel.
- Culprit still in question following death of mother in auto accident
Following an accident, some victims involved may have no recollection of the incident due to concussions.
- Atlanta Braves' Hanson suffers mild concussion in auto accident
Atlanta Braves Starting Pitcher Tommy Hanson was recently involved in a car accident that left him with a mild concussion.
- Young adult swim teacher in critical condition following motorcycle accident
A 27-year-old high school swim teacher in Tampa, Florida was the victim of a major traffic accident.
- One fatality, eight injuries in Toledo auto accident
In Toledo, Ohio, 69-year-old Ronald Carpenter allegedly caused a five-car accident, injuring eight people and possibly costing him his own life, The Toledo Blade reports.
- Teenage driver faces $500,000 lawsuit following fatal accident
Financial compensation can never repair the damages incurred from a fatal crash.
- Auto body painter awarded $4.68 million after critical 2008 auto accident
Although some cases may take years to settle, a persistent legal staff can appropriately compensate a client's suffering.
- Missouri tractor trailer accident causes fire, shuts down highway
Three hours after a tractor trailer rolled on a highway in Rolla, Missouri, crews finally reopened all four lanes of Interstate 44, the Rolla Daily News reports.
- Nevada man killed in weekend motorcycle accident
On Saturday, February 11, a 41-year-old man was killed in a motorcycle crash in the northeast valley, the Las Vegas Sun reports.
- Marijuana users twice as likely to cause car accident
A new study shows users of marijuana are almost two times as likely to cause a car crash as those who are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, The Associated Press reports.
- Columnist, author Jeffrey Zaslow killed in Michigan truck accident
Jeffrey Zaslow, an award-winning Wall Street Journal columnist and co-author of the best selling book "The Last Lecture," was killed on Friday, February 10, in an accident involving a large truck.
- Small plane crash leaves pilot critically injured
A pilot who attempted to land a small plane in Humboldt County, California remains in critical condition days after the accident occurred, The Associated Press reports.
- Lawsuit arises over Maine motorcycle accident that killed two
A group of motorcyclists and widows have filed a lawsuit against the driver of a pickup truck and three bars regarding a motorcycle crash on Route 512 in Bangor, Maine, that killed two motorcyclists and injured four more.
- Highway tractor trailer crash kills driver
A tractor trailer crash turned deadly on Highway 395 in California when the rig caught fire after crashing in the northbound lanes, CBS affiliate News 2 reports.
- Police investigate fatal crash involving Utah State University student
The Idaho State Police Department has begun an investigation of a crash that killed Utah State University student Taylor Sauer after it was initially determined that she was not distracted while driving, the Herald Journal reports.
- ECU student killed in weekend motorcycle crash
A motorcycle crash in Greenville, North Carolina, has claimed the life of an East Carolina University student, according to the Daily Reflector.
- Amtrak train and tractor trailer collide outside Chicago
More than 10 people were injured after an Amtrak train allegedly struck a semi tractor trailer and derailed in Southern Michigan as it was en route to Chicago.
- New York Knicks star's brother killed in Florida car crash
Amar'e Stoudemire of the New York Knicks is lamenting the loss of his older brother, who was killed in a car accident in the morning hours of Monday, February 6, in Florida, Fox Sports reports.
- Washington city settles third lawsuit after car crash involving police
A man who was seriously injured in a fatal police pursuit will likely receive $350,000 in a settlement, the last of three lawsuits stemming from the Yakima, Washington crash.
- Super Bowl aftermath sees car crash numbers rise
As the Super Bowl parties wind down, many drivers will take to the roads to return home. However, according to a University of Toronto study, drivers may be at a much higher car accident risk after the viewing parties, Snopes.com reports.
- Pennsylvania families file lawsuit after car accidents kills three
The families of three teens from the Manheim, Pennsylvania area have filed a lawsuit regarding a fatal crash that took place in Lebanon County last year, according to the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal.
- Lawsuit filed after bicyclist fatally struck by driver in Maryland
The family of a student attending Johns Hopkins University who was killed while riding his bicycle says more measures must be taken to ensure elderly drivers are fit to be behind the wheel, CBS affiliate WJZ Baltimore reports.
- Minnesota family plans to sue after crash involving police squad car
A civil lawsuit is being drafted after a mother and her son were killed last year in a car crash with a New Ulm, Minnesota police squad car, the Mankato Free Press reports.
- Two motorcyclist killed in Ohio roadway crash
Two men were killed and one was injured in a fiery motorcycle crash on Tuesday, January 31, in New Richmond, Ohio, according to reports from the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
- Tractor trailer accident kills three motorists in Florida crash
An accident on Tuesday, January 31, claimed the life of three people after a sedan and a tractor trailer collided on Florida Route 228, The Florida Times-Union reports.
- Car crash victims' families sue bars, managers after fatal accident
After an accident involving a drunk driver killed people from three families in Pennsylvania, the bars and managers that sold the alcohol to the driver prior to the crash are being sued by the victims' families, the Lehigh Valley Morning Call reports.
- At least 10 killed in Florida highway pileup
A chain reaction crash on a Gainesville, Florida highway led to the deaths of more than 10 motorists on Sunday, January 29, as the roadway was encased in blinding smoke and haze, The Associated Press reports.
- Pennsylvania woman faces charges in fatal motorcycle accident
Police in Erie, Pennsylvania, have filed charges against a woman from Fairview Township after a motorcycle accident in which one man was killed, Go Erie reports.
- Ohio tractor trailer crash leaves one worker killed, two others injured
A longtime Ohio Turnpike maintenance worker was killed and two of his coworkers were seriously injured on Tuesday, January 24, when a tractor trailer allegedly crashed into a work area in the westbound lanes of the highway, the Toledo Blade reports.
- Oklahoma mother files lawsuit against driver after death of son
The mother of a teenage boy from Grady County, Oklahoma, has filed a lawsuit against the parents of the boy who was driving the vehicle in a fatal crash, The Oklahoman reports.
- California man charged with DUI in fatal motorcycle crash released from custody
A 37-year-old San Jose, California man who was arrested for operating his vehicle under the influence of alcohol that was involved in a fatal accident with a motorcyclist has been released from custody, the Silicon Valley Mercury News reports.
- Truck rollover on MassPike causes four-mile traffic jam
On Monday, January 23, a tractor trailer allegedly collided with a sport utility vehicles on the Massachusetts Turnpike in Warren, which caused a traffic jam that extended for four miles in the east bound lanes of Interstate 90.
- Iowa State University pays $35,000 settlement after car crash
The Iowa State Appeals Board has approved a $35,000 settlment with a woman after she was allegedly injured in a car accident involving an employee of Iowa State University, the Chicago Tribune reports.
- Old Cessna crashes in Indiana, kills two
On Saturday, January 21, a small plane built in the 1960s crashed in Jennings County, Indiana, killing both passengers in the plane.
- Washington train accident leads to injuries
On Wednesday, January 18, a man was hit by a train in Yakima, Washington, near West Bartlett Place and suffered serious injuries, although officials stated they are not expected to be life-threatening.
- Felony charges brought on West Virginia man after fatal motorcycle crash
Probable cause has been found that will allow felony charges to be brought against a man from Hagerstown, West Virginia, after he was accused of fleeing the scene of a fatal motorcycle crash in 2011, the Herald-Mail reports.
- Man dies, child injured in Florida motorcycle crash
A man from Elkton, Florida, has died and a boy from Palatka is in critical condition after a motorcycle accident on Monday, January 16.
- One killed in North Carolina tractor trailer crash
On Wednesday, January 17, a tractor trailer crash on I-85 near Salisbury, North Carolina, left one person dead and shut down traffic for hours, WXII 12 reports.
- Questions remain in California crash that killed counselor for troubled children
In 2009, a police patrol car allegedly smashed into a BMW carrying Devin Petelski, a 25-year-old children's counselor, and although years have passed, many questions remain in the accident, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Cyclists in Dallas push for bike lanes after roadway accident
A North Texas cyclist was badly injured in a roadway crash in Dallas over the weekend, which has stirred up anger in the city's cycling community.
- DUI driver sues crash victim's family, claims crash wasn't his fault
A Florida man who pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter after a car accident in 2007 is now suing the family of one of the three people killed in the accident, The Associated Press reports.
- Massachusetts tractor trailer accident leaves one injured
A 53-year-old man from Lawrence, Massachusetts had to be taken to HealthAlliance Hospital/Leominster after allegedly losing control of his tractor trailer and crashing into a guardrail on Thursday, January 12, the Sentinel and Enterprise reports.
- Clown says lawsuit against Florida cop no laughing matter
A professional clown from St. Petersburg, Florida has sued the city police department over a crash that occurred when the officer allegedly sped through a red light and smashed into the clown's vehicle, the Tampa Bay Times reports.
- Connecticut police officer sued after patrol car accident
An illegal immigrant has hired a car accident lawyer and sued a former police sergeant from Norwalk, Connecticut, for injuries she allegedly received in a 2008 crash that involved the officer's squad car, The Hour reports.
- Bicyclist's death leads to lawsuit against NYPD
The family of a man from Canada who was allegedly struck and killed by a vehicle while riding his bike in Brooklyn has sued the New York Police Department in order to convince it to release the record of the accident, The New York Times reports.
- Truck driver dies of heart attack before North Carolina crash
On Friday, January 6, a tractor trailer allegedly lost control on Interstate 85 in Grover, North Carolina, crashing into the center median and causing major traffic delays in either direction, CBS Affiliate WBTV reports.
- Driver considers lawsuit after accident allegedly caused by poorly maintained road
A car owner whose vehicle was allegedly destroyed when the bricks that were used in the construction of North Mechanic Street in Jackson, Michigan, fell apart is now deciding whether to sue the city of Jackson for the damages, Michigan Live reports.
- California motorcycle crash results in $3 million settlement
San Bernardino County, California has settled a lawsuit for $3 million after a woman injured in a motorcycle crash alleged the county was responsible for the poorly maintained and dangerous road.
- Florida school bus involved in accident with tractor trailer, injures 22
In Manatee, Florida, 21 Braden River Middle School students and a bus driver were placed on stretchers and taken to area hospitals after the bus was in an accident with a tractor trailer, the Bradenton herald reports.
- Tennessee family sues local bar after fatal car crash
A bar in Davidson County, Tennessee, has been sued by the family of a young man who was killed in a car accident in which alcohol was determined to be the cause of the crash, The Tennessean reports.
- Faulty door blamed in Ohio plane crash
A recent plane crash near the Warren County Airport in Lebanon, Ohio, was determined to be caused by a door popping open while still in flight, according to a preliminary report from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
- New Jersey train accident results in $1 million settlement
Three Pleasantville, New Jersey pedestrians hit by a truck that was involved in a train accident have been awarded a collective total of $1 million.
- Washington car crash leaves two children dead, lawsuit follows
Three years after two children were killed in a car accident in Green River, Washington, the parents of one child have filed a lawsuit against the city of Auburn and King County, claiming the the road on which the accident occurred was negligently build and maintained.
- Texas lawsuit claims motorcycle wheelie caused crash, injuries
A woman from Jefferson County, Texas has sued a Louisiana man over a 2011 crash involving a motorcycle which allegedly led to the amputation of her leg, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- South Carolina truck accident crash leaves one dead, one injured
One person was killed and another injured in a crash in Spartanburg, South Carolina on Monday, January 2, Go Upstate reports.
- Lawsuit filed after car backs out of driveway, accidents occurs in Texas
A Texas man has filed a lawsuit against another driver, claiming he was struck by the second motorist as he was backing out of his driveway onto the busy street, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- Woman sues town school board member after Pennsylvania car accident
A woman from Wilson Bourough, Pennsylvania, is suing a member of the Easton Area School Board after a November car crash allegedly left her with serious injuries, Lehigh Valley Live reports.
- South Carolina woman sues bar after crippling car accident
A woman from Beaufort County, South Carolina, is suing a bar after being involved in a 2009 automobile crash, alleging the establishment sold her alcohol despite her being underage.
- Vermont tractor trailer crash closes road
On Tuesday, December 27, a tractor trailer truck was reported to have driven over an embankment on Route 2 near Onion River Road, landing in the river bed below.
- New York taxi hops curb, injures five
On Wednesday, December 21, a New York City taxi skipped over the curb on the southbound lanes of Park Avenue, colliding with three pedestrians and smashing into a nail salon, NBC New York reports.
- Marine's family sues Toyota after fatal car accident
One year after a car accident left a Knoxville, California marine dead, his family filed a lawsuit against Toyota, claiming the company is responsible for the man's death.
- Texas teen charged after fatal motorcycle accident
An 18-year-old man from Dallas is currently facing charges from the University Park Police Department after his involvement in a motorcycle accident that left one person dead in the Park Cities area this past weekend.
- Plane crashes into Nevada golf course, injures two occupants
Police officers in Mesquite, Nevada, were dispatched to a region near Mesquite Municipal Airport on Saturday, December 17, after a reported plane crash at about 12:38 p.m., Mesquite Local News reports.
- Texas tractor trailer accident sends woman, baby to hospital
A west Texas accident has left one woman and her baby in the hospital after the vehicle in which they were traveling allegedly collided with a tractor trailer, My West Texas reports.
- Florida tractor trailer crash prompts police investigation
An early morning tractor trailer crash has led Florida Highway Patrol officials to begin an investigation into the truck accident that led to the spill of 80 gallons of fuel onto Interstate 95.
- Parents file lawsuit after fatal California highway crash
A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed by the parents of a 4-year-old boy, which claims negligence by a trucking company and the California Department of Transportation resulted in the fatal crash in north Monterey County, according to The Californian.
- Queens accidents spur number of lawsuits against city
Lawsuits are piling up regarding three crashes that took place earlier in 2011 on an off-ramp connecting the Ed Kock-Queensboro Bridge and Queens Plaza South, the Queens Times Ledger reports.
- New York pedestrian hit by bicyclist sues for $3 million, possible trend forming
A lawsuit has been filed in the wake of Brooklyn bicycle accident, in which the victim has sued the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation and the NYPD for $3 million, the Park Slope Patch reports.
- Tractor trailer and car collide in Vermont accident on I-89
A tractor trailer allegedly rear-ended another vehicle on Sunday, December 11, in Milton, Vermont, reportedly causing the car to spin out of control and roll several times before coming to rest.
- California Motorcycle rider injured in collision with vehicle
A woman from Santa Rosa, California, was severely injured in a motorcycle accident in the afternoon hours of Sunday, December 11, and remains in critical condition at an area hospital, ABC affiliate News 7 reports.
- Connecticut State Trooper killed in car accident, widow sues driver
The widow of a Connecticut State Trooper who was killed in an accident involving an allegedly out-of-control rental truck has filed a lawsuit, with the driver and the rental agency named as defendants in the case.
- South Carolina State Police investigate fatal motorcycle accident in Florence County
Officials from the South Carolina highway Patrol have begun an investigation of a fatal accident that left one motorcyclist dead near Scranton in Florence County, South Carolina Live reports.
- Wisconsin wrongful death claim alleges Ford responsible for fiery car crash
A Madison County, Wisconsin wrongful death lawsuit against Ford Motor Co. and two Alton car dealerships has been filed seeking damages of more than $1 million after a defective product allegedly caused a fiery crash that killed two people, the Madison Record reports.
- Lawsuits brought against Canadian driver after fatal Maine car crash
The families of two women killed in a car accident on September 1st in Eddington, Maine, have each filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the Canadian driver of the other vehicle involved in the accident, the Bangor Daily News reports.
- Sedan and tractor trailer collide on Maine road
One man was seriously injured in the collision of a sedan and a tractor trailer that occurred at the intersection of Alfred Plourde Parkway and Pleasant Street in Lewiston, Maine, on Tuesday, December 6.
- Washington teen killed in motorcycle accident minutes after getting license
On the morning of Saturday, December 3, an 18-year-old from Sumas, Washington, was killed in a motorcycle accident less than 30 minutes after passing his motorcycle license test, the Bellingham Herald reports.
- Head-on crash involving tractor trailer kills one in Virginia
Reports from the Virginia State Police indicate a head-on collision between a vehicle and a tractor trailer killed one person on Tuesday, December 6, The Roanoke Times reports.
- Fatal Kansas car accident leads to $100,000 insurance settlement
On Monday, December 5, a Douglas County, Kansas judge approved a $100,000 settlement in a lawsuit regarding a car crash on Clinton Parkway that left one 19-year-old Lawrence woman dead, the Lawrence Journal World reports.
- Colorado plane crash kills four near Snowmass Village
Three employees of the Alpine Bank Durango branch and one pilot were killed in a plane crash on Saturday, December 3, while flying in a private plane to a company holiday party in Snowmass Village, Colorado, the Aspen Daily News reports.
- Train accident leaves Michigan woman dead
A French Township, Michigan crash between a train and car left one woman dead and sent her daughter to a nearby hospital on Wednesday, November 30, the Monroe News reports.
- Man killed in New Jersey bicycle accident
A 52-year-old man from Bedminster, New Jersey, has died after allegedly colliding with a truck while riding his bicycle along Pennbrook Road in Far Hills, the town's police say.
- Virginia motorcycle crash lawsuit expected to be settled
A lawsuit filed over a 2009 motorcycle crash is expected to be settled in the near future, more than two years after the man found to be responsible for the accident was sentenced to prison, NBC affiliate WVIR News reports.
- New Jersey tractor trailer accident kills one driver on Route 195
A deadly accident involving a tractor trailer and another vehicle brought traffic to a standstill on one of New Jersey's busiest highways, the New Jersey Star Ledger reports.
- Victim of Texas hit-and-run accident files lawsuit against driver, bar
After an alleged hit-and-run accident earlier this year in Lubbock, Texas, one man is suing the driver said to be involved and the bar that allegedly served the driver alcohol before the accident, FOX Lubbock reports.
- Texas woman files lawsuit after injured in multi-car crash
A woman from Beaumont, Texas, has hired a car accident lawyer and filed a lawsuit against the driver who allegedly rear-ended her vehicle, which she claims caused a wreck involving several other vehicles.
- Million-dollar lawsuit expected to be filed against Jersey City police officer after car accident
A car accident lawyer representing an 82-year-old woman who was killed in a multi-vehicle crash in Bayonne, New Jersey, says the officer who allegedly caused the accident can expect a $1 million lawsuit to be filed against him, The Jersey Journal reports.
- Two dead after Pennsylvania car crash involving tractor trailer on I-78
A couple from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, was killed on Sunday, November 27, after their car was allegedly hit by a tractor trailer in Bethel Township, authorities told the Reading Eagle.
- Man sues BP after car accident near company refinery
A Baytown, Texas man has filed a lawsuit against BP claiming $547,000 in damages after allegedly suffering injuries in a car crash with a BP worker in Texas City, the Bay Area Citizen reports.
- Texas motorcyclist killed after collision with vehicle
A man was killed on Saturday, November 15, after his motorcycle allegedly crashed into the back of a car in Bryan, Texas, near the campus of Texas A&M, the Davidson County Dispatch reports.
- New York truck accident leaves one dead, one ticketed
State police say a tow truck driver was killed after allegedly being struck by a tractor trailer while helping a stranded driver on the Thruway near Syracuse, The Associated Press reports.
- Actress Regina King sued after California crash
After a 2010 accident on a California highway, actress Regina King is now being sued by the other driver in the crash, who is seeking more than $25,000 in damages, BET reports
- Man suffers major injuries in Kansas motorcycle crash
A Lansing, Kansas man had to be airlifted to a regional hospital after suffering serious injuries in a motorcycle crash in the early morning hours of Saturday, November 12, a police spokesman told the Leavenworth Times.
- LoJack blamed in Florida head-on collision
A Florida lawsuit filed in Duval County courts is getting some attention after allegations have arisen that LoJack is responsible for an accident involving an alleged drunk driver that left two people dead, News 4 Jacksonville reports.
- Michigan plane crash injures four passengers
Four people were admitted to a regional Hospital in Flint, Michigan, after the plane they were flying in allegedly experienced engine failure, causing the aircraft to flip after the crew attempted to perform an emergency landing at Bishop International Airport, The Detroit News reports.
- Utah commuter rail crash leaves three injured
On Monday, November 14, three people were sent to the hospital after a commuter-rail train allegedly collided with one vehicle in Kaysville, Utah, the Deseret News reports.
- Truck crash leads to $7 million lawsuit
On November 10, a jury in Harrison, Arkansas, awarded one man $7 million in a wrongful death lawsuit against the driver of a truck and its company involved in a fatal accident in 2008. The complaint was filed in the Western District of Arkansas Federal Court.
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed after boy dies in Michigan car crash
The father of a 15-year-old by from Davison Township has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Burton after his son was allegedly struck by a car and killed in a 2010 accident on Court Street, the Flint Journal reports.
- Victim's name released in Arkansas collision between train and tractor trailer
The Craighead County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim of a recent train crash as Joseph Johansen, as 69-year-old Jonesbory native, ABC affiliate KAIT News reports.
- In Oregon crash, bike versus vehicle ends tragically for one
After being struck by a vehicle in Beaverton, Oregon, one cyclist was transported to a Portland hospital with serious injuries, the Oregonian reports.
- Auto accident lawyer helps elderly resident reach settlement
A settlement has been reached in a North Dakota Civil case in which a 94-year-old woman was involved in a car accident that left two people injured and one dead, the Grand Forks Herald reports.
- Lawsuits arise as airbags deploy without cause
While airbags are usually thought of as an industry symbol of safety, some drivers have lodged complaints alleging the devices intended to save lives are actually putting the lives of motorists at risk, NBC Chicago reports.
- New Jersey tractor trailer accident kills driver
In a mid-morning crash on Tuesday, November 8, one truck driver was killed after his rig flipped over on the New Jersey Turnpike, My Central Jersey reports.
- Fatal police chase leads to 51 years in prison for Washington driver
On Monday, November 7, Yakima County, Washington Superior Court Judge Blaine Gibson handed down the sentencing for Shaun Kollman, which turned out to be the longest allowed under state law for the crime committed - 51 years in prison.
- North Mississippi truck accident leaves three dead, two injured
Three people were killed in a traffic accident involving a tractor trailer on a highway in northern Mississippi in the early morning hours of Monday, November 7, NBC affiliate WLBT reports.
- Motorcycle accident kills Pennsylvania man in church park lot
A 20-year-old man from Walnutport, Pennsylvania was killed on Saturday, November 5, after allegedly losing control of his motorcycle and crashing into a another vehicle in the parking lot outside the Northampton Assembly of God in Allen Township.
- After police pursuit, deceased boy's family sues Wisconsin department
The family of a teenager from Evansville, Wisconsin, has sued the local police department after a fatal police pursuit in 2007.
- California cities smacked with wrongful death lawsuit after car accident kills mother of three
The California cities of Canyon Lake and Menifee, as well as Riverside County and the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association, are all under fire from an auto accident lawyer who has filed a lawsuit on behalf of the three children who lost their mother in a car accident.
- Virginia plane crashes into water reservoir, pilot injured
A single engine plane crashed into the Swift Creek Reservoir in Chesterfield County, Virginia, on Wednesday, November 2, injuring the only person on board, CBS affiliate WTVR reports.
- Chicago train crash leaves one elderly woman dead
An 87-year-old woman from McHenry, Illinois, was killed after allegedly walking along the railroad tracks in an unincorporated area of Harvard, where she was reportedly struck by the Metra freight.
- Texas bicyclist hit by Ford Mustang escapes with only minor injuries
When a Texas bicycle rider was allegedly hit by a motorist in Lubbock, the man suffered only minor injuries in an accident which could have taken his life, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports.
- Tractor trailer crash causes severe delays on West Virginia highway
After a tractor trailer crashed in the early morning hours on Tuesday, November 1, motorists had to deal with more than nine hours of lane closures and delays, according to the Huntington Herald-Dispatch.
- Texas man sues for medical costs after multiple-car accident
A man from Harris County, Texas, has filed a lawsuit following a car crash he claims caused him extensive medical damage and incurred high costs, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- Estate of man killed in Kansas motorcycle accident sues other driver
The family of a 21-year-old man from Lecompton, Kansas, is suing the other driver in a 2009 motorcycle accident that left the man dead, the LJ World reports.
- Three lawsuits filed from separate parties after fatal Louisiana car crash
After a 2010 Houma, Louisiana car crash killed two people and injured two more in 2010, three lawsuits have been filed in the incident.
- Man arrested after fatal California motorcycle accident
A man was arrested in Baldwin Park outside Los Angeles, California, on Wednesday, October 26, for his alleged role in causing the death of a motorcyclist, KESQ News reports.
- Family of victim killed in car crash takes aim at driver, Nevada police
After a young woman was allegedly killed in a car crash by a drunk driver, her family began a mission to find justice for the girl, ABC affiliate KTNV reports.
- Semi truck crashes, causes blackout for hundreds of Maine residents
When the driver of a tractor trailer allegedly swerved off the road to avoid hitting an animal, the ensuing crash knocked out power for hundreds of residents in Kennebunk, Maine, according to Seacoast Online.
- Oklahoma man critically injured in bicycle accident
On Monday, October 24, a man was critically injured after allegedly crashing his bicycle into a parked car in Tulsa, Oklahoma, local police officials told Tulsa World News.
- New Hampshire motorcycle crash victim dies from injuries
A man from Londonderry, New Hampshire, has died after suffering severe injuries in a motorcycle crash that occurred in Hudson last week, according to the Nashua Telegraph.
- Semi truck plows into Maine home
An accident in which a tractor trailer crashed into a home in Auburn, Maine, has closed Turner Street neat St. Phillips church, WMTW News reports.
- Small plane crash in North Carolina field kills one, hospitalizes another
A small plane registered to a Jacksonville, Florida man crashed near an airport in Lexington, North Carolina, on Sunday, October 23, killing one person and injuring another, First Coast News reports.
- New Hampshire motorcycle crash sends one person to hospital
On Thursday evening, October 20, one person was critically injured in a motorcycle accident involving another vehicle on Route 102 in Hudson, New Hampshire, according to the Nashua Telegraph.
- Relatives of woman killed in Texas crash sue carmaker
The relatives of an 80-year-old woman who was killed in 2009 when an SUV allegedly crashed into her home have hired an auto accident lawyer and sued the manufacturer of the vehicle, according to the Corpus Christie Caller.
- Train company sued for millions following fiery Illinois crash, settlement reached
After suing the train company reportedly responsible for a fiery 2009 crash in Rockford, Illinois, a settlement has been reached, NBC affiliate WREX reports.
- Soccer star sues for millions after fatal car accident
Charlie Davies, a striker for the D.C. United soccer club, has filed a $20 million lawsuit against a nightclub owner who allegedly over-served alcohol at a party to a guest who reportedly caused a fatal accident.
- Colorado tractor trailer accident kills five children, one adult
A collision between a tractor trailer and a van left five children and one adult dead on a Colorado highway on October 13, The Associated Press reports.
- Young boy dies in tragic Connecticut bicycle accident
An 8-year-old, whom his father remembers as "beautiful, wonderful" and "full of life," was killed after flipping over his handle bars while riding on his bicycle in the street near his house, the Hartford Courant reports.
- Estate of North Carolina woman killed in drunk driving accident sues nightclubs, bars
A new lawsuit brought forth by the estate of a woman who was killed by a drunk driver alleges that four separate bars continued to serve her alcohol even though it was clear she was extremely intoxicated, the Asheville Citizen-Times reports.
- Florida tractor trailer accident sends one to hospital
On Wednesday, October 12, a man was sent to the hospital after a crash involving a tractor trailer in Collier County, Florida, the Cape Coral Daily Breeze reports.
- Amtrak crash injures 18 passengers in Northern California
On Wednesday, October 12, 18 people suffered minor injuries when two Amtrak trains collided at low speeds at a station in Northern California, Reuters reports.
- Victim files lawsuit after Florida hit-and-run
The victim of a crash involving a Seminole County, Florida Sheriff's Deputy has filed a lawsuit against the officer and the department in which he worked.
- Man dies in Illinois motorcycle crash, friends say they lost an "amazing person"
While Russel W. Janca was returning home from buying bread at a local store, the 23-year-old from Cystal Lake, Illinois, was involved in a motorcycle accident that left him dead, the Northwest Herald reports.
- Fatal New Jersey plane crash found to be caused by pilot error
Officials have wrapped up an investigation of a civil aviation small plane crash that occurred in 2010 in New Jersey. The crash, which killed a doctor and two others, was determined to be caused by pilot error, The Associated Press reports.
- More than 30 injured in Nebraska bus-truck collision
A recent crash involving a bus en route to Denver and a tractor trailer left more than 30 people injured, including five who were hospitalized with serious injuries.
- Family of teenager killed in Connecticut crash settles lawsuit
A settlement has been filed in a wrongful death lawsuit brought forth by the family of a teen who was killed in a Connecticut car accident in 2010. The family alleges a police officer and the owner of a bar are to blame for their son's death, The Associated Press reports.
- Young man killed in Virgina Motorcycle accident
A Portsmouth, Virginia man who was involved in a motorcycle accident on Wednesday, October 5, recently died from the injuries he suffered during the crash, NBC affiliate WAVY-10 reports.
- Idaho boy's death prompts lawsuit from parents
The parents of a 15-year-old boy from Carey, Idaho, who was killed in a two-car crash while operating a vehicle during a driver's education class have filed a wrongful death lawsuit, naming the Blaine County School District as one of the defendants in the case, the Magic Valley Times-News reports.
- Tractor trailer driver alleges he could not avoid fatal Maine crash
On Tuesday, October 4, the driver of tractor trailer involved in a 2009 crash testified in court, claiming he did all he could to prevent the collision that ultimately killed one Naples, Maine man, the Sun-Journal reports.
- California motorcycle crash kills one, injures two others
A man from Anaheim, California, was killed on Sunday, October 2, on the Ortega Highway in Lake Elsinore when he allegedly crashed his motorcycle onto the side of the road, the North County Times reports.
- Delaware man killed in traffic accident with tractor trailer
A man from Ridley Park, Delaware was killed in a car accident on Friday, September 30, in a multi-vehicle crash that occurred on Interstate 495 in Claymont, Delaware, according to the Delaware County Daily Times.
- California lawsuit involving patrol officer moves to court
In November, the trial will begin for a case involving a woman suing Placer County, California, over injuries she alleges were caused by a North Auburn sheriff, the Auburn Journal reports.
- Widow of deceased motorcyclist sues Illinois construction firm after accident
The widow of Tarence Foster, a Joliet Fire lieutenant, has sued a construction company that is currently making repairs on a stretch of Interstate 80 in Illinois, claiming the construction caused her husband's motorcycle accident, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Tractor trailer accident shuts down I-10 in both directions
On Thursday, September 29, a 10-mile stretch of Interstate 10 in Roanoke, Louisiana, was void of all traffic after two accidents involving trucks carrying hazardous cargo forced local authorities to close the highway, The American Press reports.
- Settlement reached in 2007 Connecticut accident
A settlement has been reached in the lawsuit over a Wolcott, Connecticut crash in 2007 that left three area teenagers dead, The Associated Press reports.
- New Jersey commuter rail strikes vehicle
On Monday, September 26, a commuter train that had left a station in the Red Bank, New Jersey borough allegedly collided with a vehicle on the tracks, causing delays for riders along the New Jersey Transit Coast Line, the Star-Ledger reports.
- Southeast Oklahoma triple motorcycle accident kills one
One biker was left dead and two others injured after a triple motorcycle accident on an Oklahoma highway on Saturday, September 24, News on 6 reports.
- New York Islanders player sued after car accident
The New York Islanders' Matt Moulson, who was recently signed for $9.4 million, was sued on Wednesday, September 21, by a driver whom Moulson allegedly crashed his SUV into in 2010.
- North Carolina light rail accident leaves one woman injured
A woman was killed at light rail station on South Boulevard in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday, September 22, after she allegedly walked across the tracks while a train was approaching, the Charlotte Observer reports.
- Pilot seriously injured in Nevada plane crash
On Wednesday, September 21, a pilot had to be rushed to a Reno, Nevada hospital with serious injuries after the plane he was flying fell from the sky shortly after taking off from an airport near Lake Tahoe, the Mercury News reports.
- One dead in Massachusetts Interstate tractor trailer accident
A man was killed in a two-vehicle crash on Interstate 93 North on Monday, September 19, after his car allegedly collided into a tractor trailer, according to the Medford Patch.
- Two California families file suits after fatal highway crash
Two families have filed lawsuits after an accident on Highway 156 claimed the life of one woman and a young boy, the Monterey County Herald reports.
- Man killed in New York motorcycle accident
On Tuesday, September 20, a 26-year-old man from Rochester, New York, was killed in a motorcycle accident at a downtown intersection, on the corner of West Ridge Road and Goodwill Street, the Democrat and Chronicle reports.
- Man sues after wife killed in Texas car accident
A resident of Montgomery County, Texas, with legal guidance from an auto accident lawyer, has filed a wrongful death lawsuit following a Harris County crash that killed his wife, Ultimate Spring reports.
- Man killed in Maine tractor trailer accident
A St. Albans man was killed on Thursday, September 15, after suffering critical injuries in an accident involving a tractor trailer on Route 15 in Monson, Maine, according to the Bangor Daily News.
- Man critically injured in New York motorcycle accident
A man from Canastota, New York, was listed in critical condition on Wednesday, September 14, after the motorcycle he was riding on allegedly collided with a pickup truck in Lenox, New York, according to the Observer-Dispatch.
- Two men survive Alaska plane crash
After their plane crashed to the ground shortly after takeoff, two men walked away from the accident with only minor injuries. The accident occurred about 100 miles northwest of Anchorage, Alaska, the Anchorage Daily News reports.
- Tractor trailer accident leads to recommended ban on trucker cell phone use
On Tuesday, September 13, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) issued a statement saying it would go further than any previous attempt to regulate the use of cell phones by drivers in large, commercial trucks, according to The Associated Press.
- Man injured in New Jersey Motorcycle accident
A motorcyclist from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, was critically injured on Tuesday, September 13, in an accident that occurred at the corner of English Creek and West Jersey avenues, the Press of Atlantic City reports.
- West Virginia tractor trailer accident injures two
A young boy and a woman had to be airlifted to Charleston Medical Center on Sunday, September 11, after an accident on Interstate 77 in Princeton, West Virgina, WVNS News 59 reports.
- Conductor sues train company after collision with bulldozer
A conductor with Union Pacific has sued the railroad company after a recent accident involving a bulldozer, alleging that he was sent into a dangerous area after officials from the company ordered him to operate his train in a rail yard in Columbus, Nebraska, the Omaha World-Herald reports.
- New York man dies after being struck by car, tractor trailer
A man was killed on Friday, September 9, after he was allegedly hit by two vehicles, including a large tractor trailer, on State Route 38A in Skaneateles, New York, the Post-Standard reports.
- Two bars sued after fatal Indiana motorcycle crash
A civil lawsuit has been filed following a 2009 fatal motorcycle crash in Porter Township, Indiana, in which two of the original four bars named as defendants in the case are still allegedly to blame, according to the Northwest Indiana Times.
- Wife of Minnesota Vikings star sued after fatal hit and run
Amy Senser, the wife of former Minnesota Vikings football player Joe Senser, has been sued by the family of the victim in an alleged hit and run, which took place at a gas station in Minneapolis, Minnesota, City Pages News reports.
- Parents of Missouri student file wrongful death lawsuit after crash
The parents of a Missouri University student have filed a wrongful death lawsuit after their daughter was killed in a motorcycle accident, claiming that the driver in the crash was responsible for causing the accident, according to the Missourian.
- Tractor trailer crash shuts down Ohio interstate
The westbound lanes of Interstate 80 in Ohio could be shut down for days after a tractor trailer carrying hazardous materials allegedly crashed and exploded in Hubbard Township on Wednesday, September 7, CBS affiliate WKBN First News reports.
- Texas man sues Mardi Gras tent manufacturer
Mardi Gras Southeast Texas and AAA Rentals has have been sued by Frederick Jones after an accident at this year's festival in which a tent made by the company allegedly fell on him, causing serious injuries, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- Mother sues after son killed in Pennsylvania car crash
A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed by the mother of Etahn Moyer, who was killed in a car accident in November of 2010, against the other driver involved in the accident, according to the Pocono Record.
- Texas motorcycle crash leads to wrongful death lawsuit
After a motorcycle crash killed a man in Houston, Texas, his widow has filed a lawsuit on behalf of their children, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- Missouri town sued after 'senior chase' accident
Almost five years after Memphis's "senior chase," which takes place on the first day of school every year, came to an abrupt ending, a victim of the car accident is now suing the other driver, as well as the city of Memphis, the Memphis Democrat reports.
- Maine tanker truck crash injures two
On Friday, August 26, a large tanker truck allegedly crashed into a vehicle after swerving to avoid another car on Route 202 at the intersection of Spruce Street and the Colonial Mobile Home Park in Lebanon, Maine, the Sanford News reports.
- Nebraska county to pay more than $407,000 in lawsuit
A Michigan man has been awarded more than $407,000 in a lawsuit against Furnas County, Nebraska, over injuries he suffered in a one-car accident on an unpaved road, the Lincoln Journal Star reports.
- TV star Darrell Hammond sues after New York car accident
Darrell Hammond, who reached fame after appearing on Saturday Night Live for 12 years, is still recovering from a car accident in June, and has filed a lawsuit regarding the Sag Harbor, New York, accident, the New York Post reports.
- City of Galveston, Texas, sued after crash leaves woman paralyzed
A lawsuit has been filed against the city of Galveston, Texas, by area resident Marie M. Alexis Volcy after a two-car crash involving one of the city's buses earlier this year, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- Iowa man involved in fatal crash charged, sued by survivor
A man who was injured in a Nevada, Iowa car crash that killed an Ames woman has filed a complaint against the other driver in the accident, who has also been charged by the Story County Court, the Ames Tribune reports.
- Intent to sue filed after high-speed Connecticut crash
In December of 2010, John Clapper was driving his 2007 Nissan Altima when he allegedly lost control of the vehicle, slid sideways and struck a row of trees on the shoulder of the southbound lanes of Route 201.
- Worker sues after Illinois landfill accident
The family of a man from Waukegan, Illinois, filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the makers of a trash truck on Tuesday, August 23, in response to a 2010 landfill accident in Zion in which the man was allegedly crushed by one of the dump trucks, the News-Sun reports.
- Toyota sued after high-speed California crash
The survivor of a fiery crash between an SUV and an out-of-control Lexus that killed four people in 2009 has field a lawsuit in which several defendants are listed, the Santee Patch reports.
- Women sues driver in Illinois crash, allegedly caused daughter's death
The mother of a woman who was killed in a car accident in St. Clair County, Illinois, is accusing the other driver in the accident of killing her daughter, and has filed a lawsuit for damages, the St. Clair Record reports.
- Widow sues Mississippi railway after husband's death
After a train accident in October of 2010 claimed the life of one man, his widow is now suing the Norfolk Southern Railway Co. for unspecified payments and punitive damages, according to the Hattiesburg American.
- Texas family sues ex-cop involved in fatal DWI crash
The family of a woman who was killed when an off-duty Fort Worth, Texas police officer allegedly smashed into her car after drinking, is suing the man who is currently in prison, the Star-Telegram reports.
- Lawsuit brought against General Motors by Texas man
The driver of a GMC truck has filed a lawsuit against General Motors after he was involved in a Marshall, Texas car accident, claiming that the vehicle failed to protect him during the crash, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- Michigan Pilot in critical condition after plane crashes
A pilot from Marshall, Michigan, is listed in critical condition with severe head trauma after the plane he was flying in, which had a glider plane attached to the back, allegedly spiraled out of control and crashed.
- Louisiana Police Department sued after dog bites man's groin
A man is suing the Gretna Police Department after he claims his civil rights were violated when a police dog bit into his groin, nearly severing his penis, United Press International reports.
- Milk Transportation sued after car accident
A man is suing Milk Transportation after a car accident in which he claims the company caused him to suffer injuries, the West Virgina Record reports.
- Maryland cyclist's death leads to lawsuit settlement
On February 26, 20-year-old student Nathan Krasnopoler was allegedly struck by a car that crossed into a bike lane in Baltimore, sending him into a coma for months and later dying on Wednesday, August 17.
- North Carolina city sued after fatal high-speed crash
The city of Charlotte, North Carolina, as well as Crescent Resources, are being sued by the families of three victims of a 2009 crash for not installing a traffic light on N.C. 49 , which allegedly caused the collision, the Charlotte Observer reports.
- Illinois woman sues pizza deliveryman after crash
A woman has filed a complaint in Edwardsville, Illinois, alleging that a former pizza deliveryman caused an accident that brought injury to another driver after failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident, the Telegraph reports.
- Olympic National Park to be sued for millions after accident involving goat
Olympic National Park in Washington is the focus of several personal injury and wrongful death claims that total $10,022,700 following the death of a hiker on the park's grounds, the Peninsula Daily News reports.
- Lawsuit arises after triple-fatal crash in Illinois
Last year on August 15, James Black and two passengers riding in his pickup truck were killed when the truck allegedly lost control at about 100 miles per hour and slammed into a house.
- Texas Family alleges doctor's decision caused fatal crash
One of the defendants in a Galveston, Texas lawsuit that came about after a single vehicle wreck in 2008 is asking that the litigation be dismissed, claiming the plaintiff's medical expert report was inadequate, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
- California school district reaches $1.3 million settlement
The Vislia Unified School District in Visalia, California, has reached a settlement with Nick Smallwood in which $1.3 million will be paid after an employee allegedly caused a car accident while drinking and driving in 2007, the Advance-Register reports.
- Man sues after being set on fire by angry California mechanic
A personal injury lawsuit has been filed in Santa Ana, California, after a mechanic set a transient and everything he owned on fire when the man refused to the leave the area, the Orange County Register reports.
- Lawsuit filed against Arizona after alleged car accident mix-up
The state of Arizona is being sued after Department of Public Safety officials allegedly failed to follow proper protocol regarding the crash of Abby Guerra, 20, who they reported died in a recent car accident, USA Today reports.
- Lawsuit filed in Texas blames River Oaks workplace for accident
A man from Harris County, Texas, has filed a lawsuit claiming that he was working in unsafe conditions when hundreds of pounds of pipe were dropped on him, allegedly leading to several serious injuries, the Houston Chronicle reports.
- California man gets $1.1 million settlement from local police in personal injury lawsuit
A 30-year-old man from Fremont, California, is expected to receive almost $1.1 million after he filed a personal injury lawsuit, claiming he suffered brain injuries sustained from a fall he experienced while assisting the Fremont Police Department in an investigation, the Oakland Tribune reports.
- Contractor seeks $5 million in damages after accident at University of Utah
A hired contractor who was laying underground pipe in a project at the University of Utah is suing the school for almost $5 million after allegedly suffering injuries during a plumbing failure in the school's tunnel system involving hot steam, The Salt Lake Tribune reports.
- Idaho woman sues resort owner after gun club shooting accident
A personal injury lawsuit has been filed by a woman from Idaho, alleging that Sinclair Oil Corp. which owns the Sun Valley Resort gun club, provided improper instruction, which led to an accident involving a firearm, the Idaho Mountain Express reports.
- California Family awarded $250,000 in car accident lawsuit settlement
The end of a Kings County, California Court case came when a settlement of $250,000 was awarded to a family after a 2008 crash killed three local teens, the Hanford Sentinel reports.
- Fiery pileup on California highway leaves three dead in tractor trailer accident
On Monday, August 8, Two adults and one child were killed when an accident involving five vehicles and one tractor-trailer truck became engulfed in flames, the Daily Democrat reports.
- Maryland car crash victim sues for millions after chronic pain syndrome diagnosis
A man from Westminster, Maryland, has been awarded $11 million in a lawsuit filed against a drunk driver who allegedly collided with the driver, causing a condition known as chronic pain syndrome, the Carrol County Times reports.
- Two Indiana students killed in accident with tractor-trailer
Two students from Earlham College were killed when they collided head-on with a tractor-trailer on Interstate 70 on Wednesday, July 27, near the Centerville rest area, the Palladium-Item reports.
- Tractor trailer accident kills man on Virginia Interstate
On Monday, August 8, an accident involving a car and a tractor trailer truck left one man dead and caused heavy traffic on the road near Lorton, Virginia, NBC Washington reports.
- Tractor trailer accident kills woman in Nebraska
A woman from Norfolk was killed in a Columbus, Nebraska car accident involving a semi truck on Saturday, August 6, at the intersection of Highway 81 and Highway 22, the Columbus Telegram reports.
- Driver in Illinois sustains injuries in accident, sues other driver
A woman from Madison County who was involved in a car accident in Alton is suing the other driver in the crash, seeking damages for injuries she sustained, the Record reports.
- Car and semi collide, one person sent to New Jersey hospital
A 22-year-old woman from Bogota was sent to the hospital after her car was wedged beneath the trailer of a semi truck, ending in a crash on Route 80 in Lodi, New Jersey, North Jersey News reports.
- Semi truck driver crashes in Washington, may have been intoxicated
A semi-truck driver was arrested by Washington State Patrol troopers after he crashed into light poles and then into a guardrail while allegedly drinking and driving, KING 5 News reports.
- Tractor-trailer involved in fatal, fiery Pennsylvania crash
The driver of a semi-tractor trailer was killed on Wednesday, August 3, after his truck crashed in Lackawanna County near Interstate 81, WNEP 16 News reports.
- Passenger in Illinois accident seeks damages
After an accident in Wood River, Illinois, a woman from Madison County is suing the driver she claims crashed into her and caused the accident, the Madison Record reports.
- Driver sued over fatal New York car accident
Following a 2007 New York crash that severely injured brothers Justin and Karon Crew, the parents of the boys have now filed a lawsuit with several defendants listed in the complaint and are seeking millions of dollars, the Poughkeepsie Journal reports.
- Florida man sued after fatal motorcycle crash
The wife of a man who was killed in a motorcycle accident in 2010 has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the other driver in the incident, NBC affiliate WPTV 5 reports.
- Iowa student killed in accident involving tractor-trailer
A teenager from Le Grand, Iowa, was killed on Monday, August 1, when the pickup truck he was driving collided with a semi-tractor trailer just north of the city, the Time-Republican reports.
- Ohio rescuers save woman from car accident, sue victim
After saving a woman from burning in her car following an accident, two men from Ohio are suing the victim of the crash, claiming to have suffered "permanent and disabling injuries" while performing the rescue, United Press International reports.
- Family of Indiana police officer to sue citizen
A judge in New Castle, Indiana, has accepted a woman's plea deal that will keep her out of prison following an accident in which she allegedly hit and killed a police officer, prompting the officer's family to sue the woman, Indiana News 6 reports.
- Three killed in South Carolina tractor-trailer crash
Three people were killed and two others were injured in a crash on Interstate 85 in Anderson, South Carolina, when a tractor-trailer crashed into on-coming traffic on Saturday, July 30, CBS affiliate WSPA reports.
- Former NBA star sued after car accident
Alonzo Mourning, former star of the Miami Heat, is being sued by a man who claims he was almost killed when Mourning allegedly smashed into his car on Sunday, July 17, and then fled the scene, Fox Sports Florida reports.
- Maine family files wrongful death lawsuit following car accident
A civil wrongful death lawsuit has been filed by a Harrison, Maine family over the death of their son in a single-car accident in October of 2010, stating that the driver was at fault, the Sun Journal reports.
- New York police deputy considers lawsuit
Early in July, Deputy Allen Gerhdardt of the Buffalo Police Department rushed to provide aid to a fellow officer in the pursuit of an allegedly drunk driver, but somewhere en route crashed into a guardrail.
- $6.5 million awarded in Illinois car accident lawsuit
On Wednesday, July 27, the Chicago City Council Finance Committee approved the payment of $6.5 million in a lawsuit settlement with a car accident lawyer regarding the death of an 8-year-old boy and the severe injuries sustained by an 11-year-old girl, The Chicago Tribune reports.
- California school district sued over playground issue
Parents of a child that was injured in a Brew Island playground accident are suing the San Mateo-Foster City School District, alleging that officials for the school decided to not call emergency medical services to avoid paying for an ambulance, the Lagonian reports.
- One killed, one injured in Indiana tractor trailer accident
One man was killed and his passenger seriously injured in a wreck on Interstate 64 in Crawford County, Indiana, which also blocked traffic on the busy highway for hours, the Courier Press reports.
- New York Family sues Nassau County after car crash
The parents of 17-year-old Isabella Grasso announced on Tuesday, July 26, that they plan to hire a care accident attorney and sue Nassau County over the death of their daughter.
- Pennsylvania Interstate closes for 10 hours after fatal tractor trailer crash
A passenger in a car traveling east in the westbound lanes of Interstate 78 was killed on Tuesday, July 26, upon crashing with a tractor-trailer, causing a massive traffic jam and closing the major highway for 10 hours, the Morning Call reports.
- Texas Country Club pays $1 million in car accident lawsuit
The family of a man killed in a car wreck received a $1 million award on Friday, July 22, in a lawsuit filed against Southern Oaks Country Club, claiming the club's employees served too much alcohol to the man who caused the fatal accident, the Star-Telegram reports.
- Ford sued over alleged Crown Victoria defect
Austintown, Ohio police officer Ross Linert is suing Ford Motor Co. for $20 million, claiming that defects in Ford's Crown Victoria Police Interceptor caused the severe burns and vision impairment that ended his law enforcement career, the Tribune Today reports.
- New York Tractor trailer accident kills one, injures dozens more
An accident in Junius, New York, killed one and injured several more when a tractor trailer slammed into the back of a Canadian tour bus on the New York State Thruway over night on Thursday, July 21, NBC affiliate WETM 18 reports.
- Texas man sues city after car crash
A man from Beaumont, Texas, is suing the city for $171,196 after he was involved in a car crash with a city worker, who the man claims was at fault, the Beaumont Enterprise reports.
- Woman seriously injured by California Highway Patrol sues state
A 46-year-old woman from Santa Rosa was driving pickup truck when a California Highway Patrolman reportedly crashed into her while speeding at 104 miles per hour.